Nickel, labeled The Sarcasm Spasm, is a male contestant from Inanimate Insanity. He is a sentient nickel and is the first Inanimate Insanity character ever made. He is voiced by Adam Katz. Due to his popularity, he became a contestant in Battle For Dream Island. While he was generally likable in season 1, the same cannot be said for Season 2, as he was flanderized.
Why He Was Worth Much Less Than He Did In Season 1
- He was originally portrayed as a critical character who was likable. But in season 2, he became a mean jerk who loves promoting sarcasm and tries his best to break up Suitcase and Balloon, which made Paintbrush less of a problem in comparison.
- He is now quite manipulative, as in one scene, he manipulates Baseball into kicking Cheezy.
- He now likes to call others bad names. For example, he called Soap "useless" to the point where he makes Soap angry, and another time, he calls Suitcase a wimp, just like Mario in the comics.
- Just like characters such as the characters from Tomorrow's Pioneers, he likes to teach bad stuff to others. Except that unlike them, he does not promote terrorism. He instead promotes sarcasm by teaching Knife how to be sarcastic.
- He is very mean-spirited towards Balloon. In one scene, he makes Balloon cry, told him to scram when they were in the grass maze, and even tries to break him up with Suitcase. Let's not forget there was an infamous scene where he says: "Everyone would be better off if he kept to HIMSELF!" to the point where he makes him leave. He even tried to vote him out.
- He is sadistic. In one scene, he laughs at Suitcase getting scared and tells her (and Balloon) a scary story when they were in a haunted mansion in order to scare them away.
- Most of the time, he can be a whiny brat to get what he wants, as in one scene he forces Suitcase to get the bucket because Balloon dropped it.
- He can sometimes never get punished whatsoever, which makes him a Karma Houdini.
- He was a much better character prior to Inanimate Insanity II.
- He got karma when he got eliminated due to a surprise double elimination, with Balloon getting the most votes, but although he got one vote only, he got eliminated because the other votes were Balloon's.
- He got karma again when Suitcase left his alliance.
- He redeemed himself in season 3, and even apologized for his behavior towards Balloon in this season in "The Great Bluish Bake Off".