Nia (Thomas & Friends)
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Short page.
Nia is a character that appeared in the Big World Big Adventures! Movie, Seasons 22-24, and Thomas and Friends: All Engines Go!. She was created to replace Edward in the main cast. She wasn't well received by fans and critics of Thomas and Friends for her qualities.
- She serves absolutely no purpose in the show and is just there to replace Edward on the steam team which makes her a filler character, quite similar to Rebecca, who was introduced to replace Henry.
- Speaking of her replacing Edward, she feels like a rehash of him, minus the likability and charm of Edward.
- She can be seen as a Mary Sue, considering the fact that her personality is generic, bland, uninteresting, and boring.
- There is no explanation of why she lives at Tidmouth Sheds, as she just appears there in Tidmouth Sheds without any introduction to Nia joining the steam team.
- She was one of the main reasons why the original series went downhill, and eventually resulted in its cancellation.
- Her reason for replacing Edward on the steam team gets very confusing as some websites say that she was put in because of criticism from feminist and social justice groups, but the Thomas and Friends fandom says that she was put in to fix the gender imbalance at Tidmouth Sheds.
- Like with all of the characters in seasons 22-24, her fantasy sequences are distracting, uncanny, painful to look at, and just plain awful.
- She acted very annoying towards Thomas in the movie Big World Big Adventures. * She is also just shoved into the movie, basically does nothing in the whole movie and adds nothing to the plot
- She actually gets worse in AEG, since over here, in "Thomas Blasts Off", she tries pushing a Rocket Shell through a tunnel and in "Nia's Perfect Plan", she acts bratty and refuses to accept the fact that something is wrong with her plan. Her voice acting in this show is also terrible since the producers didn't bother giving her voice a Kenyan accent like in BWBA.
- She is at least given a proper introduction, unlike Rebecca.
- Nia has a decent design in both Big World Big Adventures and All Engines Go!.
- Her voice acting in Big World Big Adventures! is decent.
- She's actually very friendly.
- She was a better character in the movie
- She has a pretty tragic backstory as her shed was destroyed in a storm and had to live outside.