Nezu Dohachiro is a minor antagonist of the manga series Reborn!. He is the former science teacher of Tsuna Sawada, Hayato Gokudera, Takeshi Yamamoto, Hana Kurokawa, Haru Miura, Kyoko and Ryohei Sasogawa in Namimori Middle School. He believes that tests are the most important thing and always reminds his students that tests will always appear and that they have to be ready for them. He also dislikes students who get low scores, like Tsuna, and hates students who, despite not putting much effort, score high, like Gokudera.
Why He Sucks
- He is like a stereotypical greedy teacher who believes school class tests are important for his students. But he has a short temper that dislikes his students for getting low scores.
- He is a generic "pseudo-villainous" teacher.
- He even thought that he angered Hayato Gokudera, who already has higher scores, for "hurting" Tsuna's feelings for said low scores.
- He is like an evil counterpart to Tsuna, both were losers with poor grades, there is a difference that Tsuna would never act very selfish and angry over his grades, while Nezu does.
- He often threatened the principal to have Tsuna, Gokudera, and Yamamoto find a time capsule, or else he'll expel them for their troubles, proving that he doesn't care about his students' mental lives or their troubles.
- He is very one-dimensional and barely has any screen time, personality, or character development.
- In the anime version, he pretends to slip and fell down but lies about his arm being broken.
- He is a complete moron who thinks the 15-year time capsule didn't exist.
- He is less unlikeable than Kensuke Mochida, and the delinquents from the Namimori Middle.
- He may be a clever teacher, but his levels of arrogance would likely get him fired in real-life (and in-universe).
- He's like Tsuna if he was irresponsible for hiding his failed exams a secret.
- He tried to hide his falsifying exams so that no one will ever look for them and won't get fired.
- He never learns his lesson on failed exams.
- HYPOCRISY: He thinks students who don't get higher scores, deserved to be expelled for not putting their efforts into their grades.
- He is likely to have no knowledge of what will happen if students would get low scores, making him an incompetent teacher.
- He only appeared in one episode and one chapter.
- His voice acting is good.
- He was thankfully fired when Tsuna, and Gokudera, (along with Yamamoto in the anime version) found the time capsule that were his 40 year old exams and have low scores so that Nezu will no longer bother Tsuna and his students ever again for their studies.
- His actions aren't as really villainous.
- Despite being like Tsuna as mentioned before, his failure in his exams can make people feel sorry for him since he is like a poor middle-aged man.
- He is an epitome of how not to teach students the importance of school tests.
- He studied at a fourth-class high school and a fifth-class university, a fact that he was lying about.
- He studied for eight years at the university until he graduated.
- In the manga, only Tsuna and Gokudera and not Yamamoto were about to get expelled and there was no such re-test. In the process of finding the capsule, a forty-year-old capsule came up. It contained Nezu's old exams, all of which had extremely low scores. Nezu was then fired for falsifying his academic worksheets.
- Nezu can be compared with Kensuke Mochida, the first antagonist of the series, they are both believed themselves as overachieving, but they fail so easily.