"Don't let your kids watch it!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
Reason: Lewd and kinky topics are discussed here.
Murry Wilson is the title character of the Icebox animated comedy web series Rock n Roll Dad. He is based on the real life father of the Beach Boys. He is voiced by Paul F. Tompkins.
Why He Is Not A Genius, Too!
- Murry is an abusive father and manager played for laughs. He even goes on rants about Brian.
- He conspires with Freddie Lennon and Joe Jackson to force women into having children. Murry later decides to impregnate a seal named Molly, which is bestiality.
- Murry treats pretty much everyone like dirt with the possible exception of Audree.
- He almost attempted to hit a boy with his belt for not making music. He also strangled monkeys.
- He makes casual racist remarks towards Joe Jackson and Tina Turner, which could be justified given that his show is set in the early 1970s.
- He sets up a toxic work environment for his recording sessions, which is justified for historical accuracy.
- He is also a hypocrite as shown where he makes Terry’s parents sing and a few seconds later, he asks them “Who told you you could sing?”
- He has some really funny moments that aren’t mean spirited at all such as where he misheard Fred Lennon.
- Paul F. Tompkins does a great job voicing him. He even sang a few times.
- His catchphrase was borrowed from the real life Murry Wilson. In fact, a lot of his aspects were based on Beach Boys facts.
- Peter Bagge designed him well and his design appeared on a Murry Wilson album.
- Audree sent him to an anger management seminar.