Mrs. Hayfer (Drake & Josh)
Linda Alice Hayfer, commonly referred to as Mrs. Hayfer, is a recurring character on Drake & Josh. She is Drake and Josh's English teacher. She adores Josh, due to his hard-working personality, but hates Drake due to his consistently poor performance in school. In fact, her catchphrase is "I hate you, Drake", with Drake responding, "I know". She also always says "To the nurse!", which is her own bizarre way by telling people to leave her classroom.
Why She Really Is A Mean Teacher
- She comes off as an extremely mean (and also abusive) teacher. She hates Drake just for not being smart and she treats him as if he's a spawn of Satan. Drake knows this by saying "I know". When Drake and Josh are together, she praises Josh as if he's the most important thing in her life. When Drake was dating her daughter Kelly, she refuses to let him break up with her since she's her mother and threatens to induct him in Summer school if he does break up with her.
- She was extremely unlikable in "Honor Council" since she accused Drake for parking her car in her classroom when Mindy was actually the true culprit. Even when Mindy got suspended and Mrs. Hayfer apologized to Drake, she still keeps hating Drake.
- She could be considered as a stubborn teacher, and she tells her students to leave the classroom by saying "To the nurse!", which gets annoying pretty fast.
- She gave Drake a hard time in "Little Sibling" since she threatened to put Drake in Remedial English if he's not Sammy's big sibling, even though Drake thought Josh being Sammy's big sibling means way more to Josh than it does to him.
- She never gets fired from her job when she keeps mistreating Drake and her other students.
- Mrs. Hayfer has no personality other than being a mean and abusive teacher.
- She never receives any comeuppances for treating Drake like garbage as she gets away scot-free.
- She can be considered a Mary-Sue and a Karma Houdini.
- Even when Drake tells Mrs. Hayfer the correct answer, she still marks his answer as wrong. But when the other students tell her the correct answer, she marks their answer as correct. A little over the top, don't you think?
- She's very nice to Josh and is often willing to give him credit for his hard work.
- Drake isn't really a model student but that doesn't really excuse or justify her treatment of him.
- She has a couple of funny moments. For example, in "Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh", she yelled "I hate you, Drake Parker!" which was funny.
- Depending on your view, her getting sprayed in "Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh" while Drake was driving his car can be satisfying to anyone who thinks that she deserves her comeuppance.