Mr. and Mrs. Doofenshmirtz
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mr. and Mrs. Doofenshmirtz are Heinz and Roger Doofenshmirtz's parents and overarching antagonists in the Disney cartoon series, Phineas and Ferb.
Why They Suck
- After their lawn gnome was repossessed, Mr. Doofenshmirtz turned his son Heinz into one and forced him to stay guard.
- They completely treat Heinz like dirt, and spoil their other son, Roger, leading Heinz to become the villain he is today, and even then he's more likable than those two, and has managed to be a better parent than them!
- Mrs. Doofenshmirtz neglected Heinz because of his dull ability to play kickball, but hey, he's great with his hands, with cups stacking, but does his mother care?
- Mrs. Doofenshmirtz forced Heinz to wear dresses, and embarrass himself in front of his manly classmates.
- Neither of them showed up for Heinz's birth, which raises a lot of questions once you think about it...
- Forcing your own son to throw his own birthday party, by himself?? How abusive can you get?
- They're two of the only bad characters on an otherwise good show besides Suzy Johnson.
- While Candace is often the antagonist, she's neither evil nor truly spiteful - only impulsive and a bit high-strung, and has shown on occasion that she genuinely cares for her brothers.
- Even the main antagonist Doofenshmirtz, who is their son, is quite affable, loves his daughter dearly, and is an absurdly friendly villain to Perry. His attempts to take over the ENTIRE! TRI-STATE AREA! come across as more pretending to be evil to get attention than the evil acts of a power-mad lunatic.
- Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz's parents don't have any redeeming qualities (excluding The Only Redeeming Qualities, see below), and only exist for Doof to have a reason to raise to villainy.
- While their son Heinz is an evil genius, they look like they came from the Middle Ages, which is out of place.
- Their favoritism for Roger over Heinz just further shows how terrible they are as parents.
- Mr. Doofenshmirtz forced his son to jump off the high dive but he couldn't which caused him to be distanced from his father.
- They are decently designed.
- They can be pretty funny sometimes.
- They are an epitome of how NOT to neglect children.
- Mr. and Mrs. Doofenshmirtz can be considered The Heavy of the series (at least in Heinz's narrative), as their abuse and neglect towards Heinz is what caused him to become evil in first place, thus becoming the main antagonist of the Phineas and Ferb series.
- Given to their neglectful and abusive behavior towards Heinz (despite being played for laughs) and the fact that they received no comeuppance for it (the closest thing could be when Mr. Doofenshmirtz lost his garden gnome but that only worsened things for Heinz), Mr. and Mrs. Doofenshmirtz are considered to be two of the series' most hated characters by fans alongside Suzy Johnson.