Mr. and Mrs. Aisaka (Toradora!)
(Redirected from Mr. and Mrs. Aisaka (Toradora))Jump to navigation Jump to search
Rikuro and Mrs. Aisaka are minor characters of the anime, Toradora. They are Taiga Aisaka's parents.
Why They Suck
- To start things off, both are horrible parents to Taiga, whom While not abusive, don't do a single thing about their own daughter's tantrums and her anger issues. They just let it be as if it wasn't some sort of a big deal.
- They are both responsible for how Taiga acted in the beginning of the series. And giving credit to their actions, Taiga isn't even on best terms with the both of them, thus calling her dad a "selfish bastard".
- Rikuro Aisaka (Taiga's father) is a selfish man with no real concern and pretended to care for his daughter's feelings.
- He treats Taiga as an object rather than a family member.
- Even Taiga's best friend Minori hated him just for being such an asshole to own daughter.
- He acts so desperate towards Taiga, wanting another chance with her and tricks Ryuuji into giving him another chance to redeem himself as a father, only for Rikuro to show his true colors by swindling both in the end. Which really shows that he's emotionally manipulative. He also indirectly caused Ryuji to have a fight with Minori, where she lashed out at him for forcing Taiga into forgiving her father, in her case, this was justified, cause she already knew from the start Rikuto was an awful and terrible father to his daughter.
- He readily agreed when Taiga planned to move out of his house, showing that he didn't really want her around.
- He took nearly all the cash in Taiga's bank account.
- Mrs. Aisaka is very bipolar, short-tempered, impatient, and will do anything to make Taiga follow her no matter what, even by force.
- Even Taiga joked about her mom being very immature.
- Even worse, she accomplished on separating Taiga from her friends until graduation.
- Neither of them were proud of how Taiga was fitting in at school, nor her improvements when interacting with other people.
- Hence how little screentime the two have received, they became one of the most hated characters in the show, and one of the worst parents in anime, (next to Mayu's parents from the horror anime Elfen Lied) and they both receive no comeuppances for their how they treated Taiga, making them Karma Houdini's.
- Mrs. Aisaka (thankfully) allowed Taiga to go back to school in the light novel after forcing Taiga to moved out of school.
- Her personality is actually much better in the Light Novels. Too bad it can't be said the same for Taiga's father.
- Both of their respective voice actors did a great job voicing them.