Mr. Greene is the main antagonist of the critically panned 2016 animated feature Norm of the North. He is voiced by Ken Jeong, known for his role as Senor Chang from the NBC comedy series Community.
Why He's A Generic Villain
- He is an extremely selfish villain and barely serves any real purpose in the film.
- His plan is very contrived, dumb and it makes no sense at all since the idea of buying houses in the Arctic is very unreasonable (yet it still worked somehow. All because of Norm being incompetent).
- First of all, why would anyone think that it's a great idea to build condos in the Arctic when the ice caps are unstable and melting due to climate change? Second, if the condos were built and were destroyed by the ice caps, then the condo owners can sue Mr. Greene and win the case.
- Despite being the antagonist, he only seems to exist just to make the plot of the film “work” and just so the film could have a main antagonist. Mr Greene fails at this due to not have much of a backstory or an understandable motivation for his plans.
- He is nothing but a bland rip-off of Chester V from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, with no purpose whatsoever.
- He moves way too cartoony & over-the-top. It looks like he’s moving like a character from a 1930's Fleischer Studios short or a Warner Bros. cartoon, which looks more laughable than it should be.
- His energetic animation clashes with the other characters, who are more stilted and realistic.
- Sometimes, he barely receives any screen-time despite being the main antagonist.
- His voice acting by Ken Jeong is poorly directed, like in one scene where he is yelling at Vera and it sounds like the actor was far away from the microphone. Keep in mind that Jeong also played Senor Chang from Community, in which his performance and his character are better than Mr Greene.
- His design is very ugly and uncanny.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- His weirdly spastic and cartoonish movements can make for unintentional comedy to some viewers because of how jarring and slightly bizarre it looks.
- Characters from 2010s media
- Norm of the North characters
- Cartoon characters
- CGI characters
- Movie characters
- Pointless characters
- Annoying characters
- Villain wannabe
- Generic doomsday villains
- Hilarious characters
- Unlikable characters
- Understandably bad characters
- Dumb characters
- Presumably deceased characters
- Underweight Characters
- Ugly characters
- Characters with no personality
- One-dimensional characters
- Plot devices