Mr. Bentley is a character from the British children's television series Bob the Builder and its 2015 reboot. In the original series, Mr. Bentley is the building inspector of Bobsville, while in the reboot series, he is Mayor Madison's assistant.
He was voiced by Nick Mercer in the UK dub, while in the US dub, he was voiced by Ian James Corlett.
While he was a good character in the original, he was badly flanderized in the reboot.
Why He's a Bad Assistant to Mayor Madison
- Much like the Machines (except Dizzy), Mr. Bentley has been flanderized in the reboot beyond recognition, as he is now a bumbling buffoon and is no longer a building inspector, instead he is Mayor Madison's assistant.
- His new design is terrible as it looks way too realistic and absolutely nothing like his original design.
- Whenever Mayor Madison gives him a job, he instead acts like a bumbling buffoon, and whenever she comes, he says "Oh dear me, Mayor Madison will be here any second!".
- He never gets his comeuppance for not doing jobs Mayor Madison gives him, making him a Karma Houdini.
- His quote "Oh dear me, Mayor Madison will be here any second!" gets old really fast.
- His flanderization the reboot is slightly worse than the Machines' flanderizations.
- There are times where he is likable.
- He was a much better character in the original show.
- Nick Mercer and Ian James Corlett did fine jobs voicing him.