Morgana/Mona (Persona 5)
This page is a candidate for deletion.
Morgana is one of the main protagonists from the Japanese ARPG, Persona 5.
He is one of the founding members of the Phantom Thieves, and the initial navigator of the Phantom Thieves before Futaba Sakura joins the Phantom Thieves. He has two Personas: his initial Persona is Zorro, and his Ultimate Persona is Mercurius (Second awakening, then Ultimate awakening is Diego in Persona 5: Royal).
- He's meant to be written as a sympathetic character whose low self-esteem makes him doubt his skills and feels useless as a result. But throughout the game, his smug and jerkass personality makes him too unlikable to sympathize with, and his massive ego makes it difficult to believe he truly has low self-esteem sometimes.
- He is a massive hypocrite. He frequently calls out his team, most often Ryuji Sakamoto/Skull, for mistakes and traits that he is completely guilt of. He even calls out Ryuji for using the Phantom Thieves for his own benefit like scoring with girls, even though part of Morgana's reason why he wants to become a human is so that he can date Ann Takamaki/Panther. He also even insults the team by calling them conceited and children, even though he's more childish and conceited than his whole team.
- His whole character arc of feeling useless is a retread of the character arc of Makoto Niijima/Queen. The only difference is that Makoto had justified reasons for her rash decisions because she was called useless by her sister, the principal, and the Phantom Thieves before she joined them, and she takes it all with a calm attitude. Morgana always came off as a vital member of the Phantom Thieves, and he was well respected by his team. The only reason he feels useless is because he is a cat and Ryuji jokingly calls him useless. And when Ryuji calls Morgana useless, he reacts by throwing a temper tantrum, which is very hypocritical considering that he always messes with Ryuji.
- He is often very annoying. Especially as a video game helper, and whenever he's acting like a child.
- The way he treats Ryuji is very unsettling. He frequently treats Ryuji like crap throughout the game that it furthers his unlikability, and he rarely gives him respect for the contributions Ryuji makes for the Phantom Thieves, even when Ryuji risked his life and was thought dead to the Phantom Thieves, he still doesn't have any respect for Ryuji.
- During battles whenever he's helping the team and complimenting the team, he never shuts up.
- No matter what the situation is, he always comes off as so vain. Especially when he returns to the Phantom Thieves after they thought he died.
- His car form lacked proper air conditioning which made it a huge problem when the Phantom Thieves were in Futaba's Palace, which was an Egyptian desert. Although, he was trying his best to make it cold as possible.
- His crush towards Ann can be creepy at times, but he isn’t as bad as Ryuji.
- He often forces the Protagonist/Joker to go to sleep.
- His character design is kind of cute.
- His Persona, Zoro/Mercurius/Diego looks cool.
- His relationship with the Protagonist/Joker is heartwarming.
- He's very useful in battle, as he has great healing and reviving abilities, and his wind abilities are quite effective.
- He's one of the founding members of the Phantom Thieves.
- He is protective of Phantom Thieves members.
- His voice is somewhat funny, and he has some funny lines.
- His voice isn't too annoying. His voice sounds more like a young boy, and not like some high pitched man child voice.
- In fact, his English voice actress, Cassandra Lee Morris, does a good job voicing him.
- He spawned several memes, such as "Looking cool, Joker!".