NOTE: Please have massive respect to the voice actor of James, Daisuke Gōri, who died from suicide on January 17th, 2010. May he rest in peace.
Molly and James are two characters from the 1985 Japanese anime series Princess Sara. Molly is a harsh head maid, and James is a chef who is picky on what he cooks. Like Molly, James is also harsh on other servants, especially Becky. They were voiced by Asami Mukaidono and the late Daisuke Gori respectively.
Harsh Head Maid and Chef of Seminary
- They weren't that important in the novel, but in this anime, they are both unlikable jerks.
- Like Miss Minchin, they mistreat and abuse Sara and Becky in most episodes.
- They are physically abusive to Sara and Becky, often arbitrarily.
- She's physically abusive to Sara and Becky.
- Similar to Miss Minchin, she forced Sara to work.
- She's another one of those stereotypical mean girls.
- Like Molly, he's also physically abusive to Sara and Becky.
- He violently abuses Sara and Becky in most episodes.
- He's another one of those stereotypical mean boys.
- They are very tolerable sometimes in early episodes.
- They redeem themselves in "An Intense Fever" where they become nice to Sara while she is gravely ill.
- For all their faults, they seem quite happy together.
- She does not force Sara to work and advises Minchin to get the poor girl a doctor.
- She redeems herself in "An Intense Fever" when she becomes a nice person.
- Asami Mukaidono did a good job voicing her.
- He also seems to appreciate a job well done as he was willing to let Sara have supper even after coming back late in "Messages to India".
- Like Molly, he redeems himself in "An Intense Fever" when he improves.
- Daisuke Gōri did a nice job voicing him (who sadly passed away on January 17, 2010, due to suicide).