|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: needs more info
Moe Szyslak is a character from the long-running American animated sitcom The Simpsons. He has been badly butchered during seasons 16-30. He is voiced by Hank Azaria.
Note: This only applies to his character as depicted in seasons 16-30 of The Simpsons, as he was flanderized.
- He was flanderized from a simple bartender who was kind of cheap and surly and did things like water down the beer and make his regulars stay later than they needed to, but was still a generally okay person to be around to a low life who's a registered sex offender, is revolting toward women, smuggles animals and he actively encourages alcoholism, even as he knows it's destroying his regulars. He's rarely seen doing anything that's not illegal or unethical. He's also become the show's Butt-Monkey.
- He also makes regular attempts at suicide that are foiled not by anybody persuading him otherwise, but by coincidence - that's right, the show plays it in a way that suggests Moe's inability to kill himself is bad luck.
- He has an even bigger temper than before.
- Most of his characteristics consist of being bitter and undignified. Serving as the character nobody should be like alongside other flanderized characters like Homer Simpson and Lisa Simpson.
- In "MyPods and Boomsticks" he along with Lenny and Carl made Homer believe that the Muslim family were terrorists.
- In "Eeny Teeny Maya Moe" he finds a short woman on the internet named Maya.
- He can still be likable and have his original personality in some episodes.
- He was a much better character in the first fifteen seasons and has redeemed himself since season 31.
- Hank Azaria still does a good job voicing Moe.