Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mister Ruckus is a character in The Boondocks. He appeared in The Color Ruckus. He is Uncle Ruckus's father.
Why He Is a Loser, Even by Loser Negro Standards
- Along with his wife Bunny, Mister is the reason why his son Uncle hates African-americans, as his abusive treatment of him as a child leaves Uncle with emotional trauma and the low self-esteem that it develops.
- He is shown to be racist not only towards white people, but also to Hispanics as well, since he made a stereotypical insult towards Uncle about "being a Mexican".
- Speaking of which, Mister belittles Uncle for his achievements and the lifestyle he develops living in Woodcrest.
- He is shown to be spiteful towards his mother Nelly and wants to see her die, which is pretty sadistic and cruel of him.
- To be fair though however, he may have possessed some psychopathic traits from her abusive attitude.
- While he isn't as abusive towards his younger sons Darryl and Darrel as he is towards Uncle, he doesn't respect them either.
- In fact, he calls all of his three sons Uncle Toms, which is a terrible thing to say.
- Worst of all, he admits to Uncle that not only is he not adopted and is not suffering from "re-vitiligo", but also that the reason he hates him is because Uncle being born prevents him from experiencing a single moment of happiness for the rest of his life. In other words, HE NEVER WANTED CHILDREN TO BEGIN WITH!!!
- Don D.C. Curry did a good performance voicing him.
- Much of Mister's terrible behavior is a result of Nelly's sadistic upbringing combined with his white employers' violently abusive treatment of him.
- Unlike Bunny, he gets his comeuppance for his actions. He fell in Nelly's grave when his spine breaks in an attempt to attack Uncle after the latter stood up to him for his abusive treatment of him.