Miles "Tails" Prower (Sonic Lost World)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Miles "Tails" Prower (usually referred to as just "Tails") is the deuteragonist of the Sonic series, being regarded as one of the best characters in the franchise. Unfortunately, he underwent a terrible flanderization in Sonic Lost World.
Why He Bites
- He went from a self-conscious but self-sufficient fox who was always willing to give a hand to those in need into a jealous little twerp who keeps trying to prove himself as the smarter one between him and Dr. Eggman, ultimately contradicting his usually humble disposition.
- When he and Sonic team up with the doctor, he gets mad at Sonic and accuses him of trusting Eggman more than him, despite the fact that this was the fourth time (or third if you consider that Sonic 06 was retconned) they teamed up at that point.
- Not only that, but he also just speaks up his dissatisfaction with the idea AFTER it's already in execution.
- Harkening back to WHB#1, he constantly points out Eggman's failures trying to make him come across as stupid, like when he commented how "his creations were a reflection of his genius" about Orbot goofing off with Cubot while trying to find a new body for him.
- While on that note, he's also hypocritical: He carelessly uses a Crabmeat's carcass as a body for Cubot, which causes the robot to attack the trio. "Not the best idea to put the dimwit's head on a battle bot", as Eggman said shortly after.
- No matter how much comeuppance he gets, he never learns anything and doesn't lower the bar at any turn (not even when he's captured and roboticized by the Deadly Six), as he's still acting superior to Eggman in the end.
- Despite getting what he deserves occasionally, he can get away with it at times, most notably in the beginning of the 17th cutscene and in the final moments.
- Much like in the other Sonic games in the 2010s, he barely has any relevance in the plot (if at all).
- Overall, he is an antithesis of his original self.
- Tails was much more likable in the games prior to Lost World (as well as in the subsequent Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric). He was also more tolerable in the first cutscenes of the game.
- Despite all of his flaws, he's actually better-written than he would be in Lost World's successor, Sonic Forces.
- After his mistake mentioned in WHB#4, he realizes how dumb he was and thanks Eggman for saving him.
- As mentioned in WHB#6, he does get some karma for the things he does, like being scolded by Sonic and captured by the Deadly Six to be roboticized (even though the latter is dismissed quickly like it had never happened).
- Although he is quite unfriendly to Sonic, he still cares for him, as seen when he jumps in his way to avoid him being captured in the fake animal capsule.
- Kate Higgins is still as great as ever voicing him.
- He spawned the Sexy Tails meme.