Michael James "Mikey" Miller is a fictional character and a recurring antagonist in the Dhar Mann video series and the main protagonist of his own series. He is portrayed by Kaido Lee Roberts.
Due to the then-recent Dhar Mann controversy, multiple actors were fired, including the actor for Mikey, Kaido Lee Roberts was one of the multiple actors that were fired.
As a result of his firing (including the actor for Mr. Wilson, Colin Borden), he no longer appears in the videos.
Despite this however, Dhar Mann stated in his community tab that he was currently making a series about Mikey and Jay that would be finished on June 1, 2023 and uploaded on June 8, meaning he could be returning. On May 12, Dhar uploaded a YouTube Short that confirmed Mikey's return.
So You See, This Is Why He (Intentionally?) Couldn't Learn His Lesson
- He is a selfish brat who constantly resorts to doing immoral and distasteful acts to get what he wants. Here are a multitude of examples:
- Cheating on or skipping a multiple of school exams ("Student Student CHEATS On FINAL EXAM, Instantly Regrets It", "Student CHEATS On His EXAM, He Instantly Regrets It", and the extended cut of "Student CHEATS On His EXAM, He Instantly Regrets It").
- Faking an allergic reaction to avoid school activities ("Kid FAKES ALLERGIC REACTION, He Instantly Regrets It").
- Pretending to have Tourette's Syndrome so he gets more followers on TikTok ("Student With TOURETTE'S Made Fun Of, What Happens Is Shocking").
- Making a fake sick note to get out of taking a test ("Kid FAKES SICK NOTE to Skip Class, He Instantly Regrets It").
- Pretending to be sick to avoid going to school ("Kid FAKES Being SICK To Skip Class, He Lives to Regret It").
- Bullying a girl scout ("Girl Scout Gets REVENGE On BOY SCOUT, What Happens Is Shocking").
- Encouraging and helping his friend Jay to fake having a broken arm to avoid taking a test ("KID FAKES Broken Arm To SKIP TEST ft. @TheLethalShooter").
- Embarrassing his friend while skipping school ("Kid FAKES SICK NOTE to Skip Class, He Instantly Regrets It").
- Recruiting Jayden on his stream to pretend he's doing all the work when he only does the commentary, and not even giving Jayden any of the money or credit ("STREAMER Is CAUGHT CHEATING, What Happens Is Shocking").
- Pulling a fire alarm just to skip a test ("KID PULLS Fire Alarm To SKIP TEST, He Lives To Regret It"). Not helping was that later it was revealed the "test" was a Bingo game. Additionally, this was all done just so that he would be able to go to Legoland.
- Sabotaging his mom's job interview to not change schools ("KIDS RUIN Mom's JOB INTERVIEW, What Happens Will Shock You"), albeit this is somewhat understandable as to why he did it.
- Cheating in an arcade contest with Jay ("KID STEALS Tickets At FUN CENTER, He Lives To Regret It").
- Almost cheating on a final exam ("Big Bro Has To Say YES FOR 48 HOURS"), but retracting (despite being likeable in that episode).
- Cheating in a MrBeast contest with Jay ("Kids Cheat MRBEAST For $1 MILLION, They Instantly Regret It").
- Breaking into the Superstore with Jay and Noah ("Jay & Mikey: The Boys Break Into a Superstore - Parts 1 & 2").
- By the way, adding to WH(I?)NTLHL#1, the last one mentioned is considered his worst idea ever, since he, along with Jay and Noah, could take up to six months to two years in prison, something only a burglar would do.
- Pretending to be his dad to get money for an Apple Vision Pro ("Mischief Mikey: 13-Year-Old Robs Bank For Vision Pro - Ep. 1").
- Attempting to steal money from church ("Mischief Mikey: 13-Year-Old Robs Church For Vision Pro - Ep. 2"), despite being somewhat likable in the end where he helped the police catch the real thief.
- Furthermore, he was also playing on his iPad at church and also tried to make a scheme to steal money, which is not only considered a very wrong thing, but is also a prejudice against evangelicals.
- Making a security threat for the plane to land, just to get out of a test ("Mischief Mikey: Kid Makes Plane Land To Skip Test - Ep. 3").
- Trying to destroy the ankle monitors just to get out of house arrest just to see the Dhar Mann meet and greet ("Mischief Mikey: Two Teens Break Out Of Jail Cell - Ep. 4").
- Similar to Thomas the Tank Engine from the Sharon Miller era of Thomas & Friends and Norman Price from modern Fireman Sam, when he supposedly learns his lesson at the end of the video, he forgets everything he's learned in the very next video.
- What's worse is that the videos actually acknowledge this. So what's the point?
- His character development in "Kid SNEAKS CANDY Into The MOVIES ft. @LaBrantCole" has been completely thrown out the window in the next video, as in that one he apparently finally understood what his mother meant, yet in the next, he continues his distasteful journey.
- His relationship with Jayden is basically Horrid Henry from the Horrid Henry) franchise and the TV show of the same name's relationship with Perfect Peter from the Horrid Henry franchise and the TV show of the same name but without any of the charm or "show, don't tell".
- He always thinks that he can get away with his actions, yet he gets caught in the end every time.
- He is unintelligent and many of his schemes are poorly thought out:
- In "Student CHEATS On FINAL EXAM, Instantly Regrets It", when he decides to cheat on his final exam, he finds a website called "Middle School Answers", with Mr. Wilson's math exam answers. However, this is very unrealistic and sketchy. So why would Mikey even trust the website? It is later revealed that Mr. Wilson created the website, but put in all the wrong answers, leading Mikey to fail the exam.
- In "Kid FAKES SICK NOTE to Skip Class, He Instantly Regrets It", he apparently forgets his dad installed an app that tracks his iPad, leading to him and his friend being caught skipping school.
- In "Student With TOURETTE'S Made Fun Of, What Happens Is Shocking", during his 1,000,000th subscriber TikTok celebration, Tommy, a child with Tourette's syndrome, tells Mikey to confess to faking Tourette's. However, Mikey was still wearing his microphone, leading to everybody hearing the conversation and finding out.
- In "Kid FAKES Being SICK to Skip Class, What Happens Is Shocking", he somehow falls for a Dhar Mann meet and greet that miraculously happened right after the test day.
- In "KID STEALS Tickets At FUN CENTER, He Lives to Regret It", he and Jay end up winning both free passes to Video Game Con for one ticket by cheating. After their mothers arrive and they break the news, Samantha's mother ends up telling them that if they read the description, they will see that they are under 14, and must be accompanied by an adult. So they end up arguing and fighting over the passes to see who gets to keep them and who cheated the most. What they didn't expect is that they were arguing close to a microphone that was on, making everyone hear the argument and find out.
- His motives are very lame as most of the time he pulls his schemes just to get out of doing things he doesn't like when his comeuppance could easily be avoided if he just did them in the first place. For example, as mentioned in WHINTLHL#1, he both cheats on and fakes being sick to get out of multiple tests, and he almost never even attempts to study for them.
- Most of the Dhar Mann videos he appears in are very predictable and formulaic, as they involve him pulling a scheme for his own benefit, but ultimately getting exposed in the end.
- His best friend, Jay, is basically a semi-rehash of him, and Mikey is often disrespectful to him. However, Jay did receive character development in "STREAMER CAUGHT CHEATING", but he reverts back to his original personality in "KID STEALS Tickets At FUN CENTER", and Mikey in "KID PULLS Fire Alarm To SKIP TEST, He Lives To Regret It".
- Inconsistent name and plot hole: While it is more likely his last name is Miller since that's the first time his surname is heard, the episode about him faking Tourette's showed his TikTok as "Mikey Johnson".
- In a few videos, considering Dhar is trying to be hip with the kids. In the second episode of "Mischief Mikey", Mikey is seen dabbing in the scene where he is in his room making his plan to steal money.
- After he was introduced, he is now often the focus or side character of way too many videos, which only shows Dhar Mann jumping the shark. Along with that, many characters that are like him have appeared, such as Jay and Eddie.
- As of 2023, Mikey has not appeared in the newer videos meaning his story will be stuck on a cliffhanger, it is unknown if he will stay being good or he will go back to his bad self.
- However in late April 2023, Dhar stated that he is currently making a TV series about Mikey and Jay meaning Mikey will likely return. However considering his lack of appearances, many of the viewers would actually forget about the character being in the videos.
- He got flanderized in the last two episodes of "Jay & Mikey", where he is even more of a troublemaker than he already was.
- His flanderization got even worse in "Mischief Mikey", which on the very first episode, he pretended to be his father to buy an Apple Vision Pro, attempted to steal money from the church in the second episode, making a security threat on the plane in the third episode and going to the juvenile prison after that stunt, and then trying to get out of house arrest by trying to destroy the ankle monitors just to get to the Dhar Mann meet and greet.
- Like most of the other antagonists in the Dhar Mann video series, at least he gets his comeuppance for his antics.
- He has his funny moments, like his reaction when he "gets a shot" in "Kid FAKES ALLERGIC REACTION, He Instantly Regrets It".
- He cares about his friends, like his BFF, Jay.
- He is likable and well behaved in a handful of videos such as:
- "Man with TURBAN Kicked OFF SEAT, What Happens Is Shocking".
- The hospital scene in "Kid FAKES ALLERGIC REACTION, He Instantly Regrets It".
- "Kid SNEAKS CANDY Into The MOVIES".
- "Kid Gets SHOCKING Birthday Gift!".
- "Streamer PRANKED On LIVE STREAM".
- "Big Bro Has to Say YES for 48 HOURS, What Happens Is Shocking".
- "Jay & Mikey" (Episodes 1-5).
- The adult prision scene in "Mischief Mikey: 13-Year-Old Robs Bank For Vision Pro - Ep. 1".
- And it was revealed that the money in "Mischief Mikey" had been given by his grandmother for his college fund, so it was technically his money and his mother was keeping it from him.
- He helped the police catch the real thief at the church in "Mischief Mikey: 13-Year-Old Robs Church For Vision Pro - Ep. 2".
- "14-Year-Old WON'T LISTEN To His MOM, He Instantly Regrets It".
- He finally studied for once in "Big Bro Has to Say YES for 48 HOURS" and actually ended up graduating elementary school and moving on up to middle school.
- He is probably an intentionally bad character. Plus, his mom does not help with the situations in a good fashion, which may be why he never learns his lesson.
- Additionally, he can also be sympathetic while being tortured, like in "Big Bro Has to Say YES for 48 HOURS, What Happens Is Shocking" (a very decent example).
- Also, despite his horrible actions, he is at least not actually that bad compared to Eddie Valentino.
- His actor, Kaido Lee Roberts, is decent, as he is more expressive and not stale, unlike most other Dhar Mann actors.
- Adding on to RQ#4, he's much more likable in his own series called "Jay & Mikey", until the final two episodes where he would get flanderized.
- He became likable in "Noah's Arc" along with Jay, as he doesn't cause any trouble.
- Bcause of the selfish kid he is, it is highly likely that Mikey Miller is made to be hated.