Megatron (Michael Bay pentalogy)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Autobot Qualities (In A Bad Way)
- Megatron's personality consists of being nothing other than an evil, brutal, psychotic, homicidal killing machine.
- In Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, he and Scalpel tortured Sam Witwicky by attempting to remove his brain for "science".
- When he became "Galvatron" in Transformers 4: Age of Extinction, he used Transformium just to "transform" from one mode to another.
- Speaking of his new name "Galvatron", he doesn't stay faithful to that name. In Transformers 5: The Last Knight, he became "Megatron" again.
- Back to Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, he barely uses his tank mode (which was made for the sole purpose of merchandise).
- His design looks quite ugly for a Decepticon.
- He died multiple times and was brought back after nearly every death. This can appear excessive and a poor attempt at keeping Megatron a reoccurring villain.
- Starting from Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, he wasn't given much of a good spotlight and he was treated as mostly a punching bag in the fight scenes.
- However, in Age of Extinction, he does put up a good against Optimus Prime in a short fight scene.
Decepticon Qualities (In A Good Way)
- He was not as bad in Transformers (2007).
- His design might be ugly, but it had a lot of effort.
- In addition, he's the only Transformers character in the film series whose design changes in every movie which is interesting.
- Kids may still love him as a villain.
- He does a fair amount of cool stuff in the movies, particularly in the fight scenes.
- He does say some cool stuff such as:
- Transformers (2007)
- I AM MEGATRON.
- JOIN THEM IN EXTINCTION!!!
- Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
- EVEN IN DEATH, THERE IS NO COMMAND BUT MINE.
- DECEPTICONS, BEGIN OUR ASSAULT!!!
- Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (2011)
- ALL HAIL MEGATRON.
- THIS IS MY PLANET!
- Transformers 4: Age of Extinction (2014)
- THAT IS WHY I HAVE NO FEAR! YOU DIE!!
- WE SHALL MEET AGAIN PRIME, FOR I AM REBORN.
- Transformers 5: The Last Knight (2017)
- THE END IS NEAR, MY OLD TREACHEROUS FRIEND. WHAT A SHAME YOU'LL BE UNABLE TO SEE IT.
- WE WERE BROTHERS ONCE!
- Transformers (2007)
- Hugo Weaving and Frank Welker did a great job voicing him.
- The scene where he orchestrated an attempt to remove the brain of Sam from his skull, mentioned in BQ #2, can be considered cool or appropriately intense since it's disturbing and different.
- The toy versions of him are nice.
- In Transformers (2007), he was originally going to be a tank with a G1-esque appearance. The tank actually apears in Megatron's design in Angry birds Transformers.