|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Short page
Mega Man, known as Rockman (ロックマン Rokkuman) is the common protagonist of the Classic Mega Man series.
However, he was somewhat flanderized in Mega Man 8.
Why Bass Told Him To Shut Up
- First off, he is extremely out-of-character in this game. Compared to the other games where he's a friendly robot with a brave and noble attitude, Mega Man has become a coward and a crybaby in this game.
- He overreacts about fighting people a lot, even though he fought in the past seven games.
- He also mistakes Bass as a friend when he's clearly a villain.
- Speaking of Bass, he mispronounces his name as "/bæs/" and not "/beɪs/".
- His English voice is very grating even though other characters in that game have the same problem due to poor voice acting in general.
- His infamous scream is also very annoying. Listen at your own risk.
- Speaking of which, the very scene where he does the scream has flashing lights that can give the player a seizure if they are epileptic.
- To be fair, Mega Man is a likable protagonist in MM1-MM7, and he finally recovered from his flanderization in MM9-MM11.
- He did redeem himself and get better later on in the game.
- He still has his kindhearted demeanor as usual.
- Ai Orikasa does a great job voicing him, despite WBTHTSU#5.
- At least he didn't cause Mega Man 8 to be a bad game, the game was still good despite his flanderization anyway.