Max Black and Caroline Channing (2 Broke Girls)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Max Black and Caroline Channing are the two main protagonists of the CBS sitcom 2 Broke Girls. They are waiters at the diner, which the main setting of the show. They are portrayed by Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs, respectively.
- They can come off as generic characters, as their traits have been used before on other characters.
- They will treat the customers like garbage but never get in trouble, making both of them Karma Houdinis.
- They are so rude to Han, their boss.
- First off, she is annoying, rude, immature, slutty and very disrespectful.
- She is racist, as evident by the fact that she mocks Asians.
- She is (often) rude to anybody and everybody.
- Most of her jokes are about sex and they’re very unfunny and weak.
- She also reuses the same ones in every episode.
- She mostly cares about sex, which could get old for most audience members.
- She once got Caroline fired from a job she had.
- She told horrible lies about Caroline that she sexually harassed her. Luckily, Caroline forgave her for ruining her job that she actually enjoyed having.
- She made a joke about child molesting in one episode, which can come off as offensive.
- Just like Max, she is rude and very disrespectful.
- She is a spoiled brat and very boring, but at least she improves as the series continues.
- Her jokes are very cliche but at least her jokes are more funnier than Max’s.
- She is very selfish and very annoying.
- All she cares about is just looking good and money from her family.
- She can be very whiny and annoying at times.
- She is a huge punching bag throughout the whole show, as all the other main characters are against her for little to no reason at all.
- She often gets insulted by Sophie on how she got small breasts and it comes off as unfunny and annoying.
- Despite their poor portrayal, they are portrayed by beautiful actresses.
- Both of them have really great onscreen chemistry together.
- Their uniforms are really pretty.
- Her character is a strong woman who doesn't take crap from anyone.
- She can throw down as hard as she can speak, unlike Jade West.
- She has a lot of funny moments here and there.
- Most of the time she is nice to Caroline.
- She does get Karma from her actions once in a while.
- She does seem to care about animals, Chestnut and Nancy the cat to name a few, similar to Kat Dennings in real-life.
- She’s at least more likable than Max Black.
- Much like Max Black, she is nice at times.
- Her outfits are very cute. Especially her trademark pearl necklace.
- At least she does care for her pet horse Chestnut. Even having a proper home built for him.
- She is very protective of her friends and tends to get into everybody's business.
- The cupcake business was her idea from the start.
- She goes through some decent character development throughout the series, as she matures into less of a spoiled brat and gradually becomes a little tougher and more street-smart as the series progresses. This is evident in a later episode when her imprisoned father Martin Channing shows concern that she's unable to handle poverty life, only for Caroline to confirm that she isn't the same spoiled brat she once was like in the beginning of the series.
- Similar to Brenda Song's character London Tipton from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Beth Behrs' Caroline Channing is intended as a parody of the infamous wealthy socialite Paris Hilton.
- Max Black is based on the series' co-creator Whitney Cummings.