Maurecia is one of the main characters from Wayside alongside Dana, Todd and Myron. She is a student from Mrs. Jewls' class on the 30th floor of Wayside School. She was voiced by Denise Oliver, who also voiced Mina Beff from Grojband, Kitty Ko from Sidekick, and Gwyn Sanders from Looped.
While she was likable in the books and 2005 movie, unfortunately, in the cartoon, she was derailed.
Why She Doesn't Deserve Todd (Bad Qualities)
Note: This only applies to her character as depicted in the cartoon.
- She was derailed from a sweet girl with a love of ice cream in the books to an annoying roller-skating tomboy.
- Much like Tootie from The Fairly OddParents Lili from Tib and Tumum and Phoebe from Kid vs. Kat, another Canadian cartoon that came out a year after Wayside, she was annoying to Todd.
- She punches Todd, which is just plain mean-spirited. It can also teach children to punch someone you love, which is a bad moral to them to those who they also love.
- If she did this in real life, she would be suspended or expelled, or even worse arrested and charged for assault.
- Her character design, while cute, can be mediocre and generic at times.
- While Denise Oliver did a great job voicing her, her voice can sometimes be annoying and ear-piercing.
- She treats Todd like an punching bag, like when she got angry at him just for accidentally pulling her pigtail in "Pull My Pigtail".
- She spoils her pet porcupine Fluffy to the point that he is possessive of her and ignores anyone who complains or points out his bad behavior.
- She gets away from her actions and got the special treatment.
- She always whiny at time just like Lili from Tib and Tumtum.
- Denise Oliver actually did a great job voicing her.
- She was a much better character in the books and movie.
- There are times where she even helps Todd.
- She has a cute character design, despite BQ#4.
- There are some episodes where Maurecia doesn't punch Todd showing that she doesn't always act like that.
- She can be likable at times.