Margaret Robinson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Margaret Robinson is a character in The Amazing World of Gumball. She is the wife of Gaylord Robinson and a neighbor of the Wattersons. She was voiced by Teresa Gallagher.
Why She (intentionally?) Sucks
- She is a sadistic, selfish, and unempathetic wife towards her husband and also a terrible person towards everyone.
- She is unfaithful in her marriage, as shown in "The Boss" where she stole Gaylord's wallet when he was taken in an ambulance.
- She even cheated on him when she was seen hula-dancing with other men on a tropical island, and even planned to marry one of them before her husband woke up from his transfusion, showing how selfish she is.
- She doesn't care about her husband (sometimes) or anyone else, just herself.
- She could even be a terrible mother to her son Rocky.
- She is at her worst in "The Wicked", where her sadistic tendencies is taken to its extremes, where she goes around and causes misery and chaos to anyone and everywhere, such as framing Gumball and Darwin for the chaos that she caused, switching the names of two babies making their parents get into a fight, and she even smiled maliciously when Darwin was choking on a toy and flat-out ditches him when Gumball asked for her help.
- It was revealed that she was always evil and committed heinous acts, such as ripping her teddy bear into pieces, pushing her brother into the lake, burning Elmore Junior High down, or setting Santa Claus on fire.
- "Margaret is, and always will be, a mystery. Nothing happened in her life to justify the way she is. Some people aren't looking for anything logical; they can't be bought, reasoned, or negotiated with. Sometimes man just wants to watch the world burn."
- It was even revealed by her husband that nothing bad happened to her to make her the way she is and that she's evil because she's evil, which makes it all the scarier.
- Her mean girl personality in her earlier years is so bad, that she gives Connie D’Amico a run for her money.
- Inconsistency: In season 1, she speaks gibberish which only Gaylord Robinson would understand, but in season 3, she now only speaks "meh mehs", what the fuck?
- Despite all the abuse, she still loves her husband at times.
- She alongside her husband, has their funny moments.
- She did receive her comeuppance in some episodes, like at the end of "The Wicked" for example.
- Her design looks nice like all characters in the show.
- She was most likely meant to be hated for being a sadistic bitch.