Manfred von Karma
|This page is being considered for deletion for the following reason: Page only addresses his evilness and not if he’s poorly writing. The page only has four BQ written anyway.It seems as if he’s just there because he a villain but villains are supposed to be unlikable|
Manfred von Karma is a character in the Ace Attorney franchise. He was a man known as the "prodigy prosecutor" for never losing a single case he prosecuted for a grand total of forty years, until his eventual defeat at the hands of Phoenix Wright.
Why He Sucks
- To address the elephant in the room: he is a complete and utter psychopath obsessed with "perfection". His title as "forty-year prodigy prosecutor" wasn't one he earned legitimately, but through caring about nothing but winning every single case he ever prosecuted, even to the extent of manipulating others, and regardless of whether the defendants in question actually deserved their guilty verdicts.
- He only ever thinks of himself, without ever even slightly considering the feelings of others.
- While this arrogance usually stems to him seeing defense attorneys as irksome parasites to be dealt with, he also cares very little about his daughter (Franziska) and his own mentee (Miles Edgeworth), regardless of their own feelings toward him.
- When Gregory Edgeworth called him out for his forcing of a "confession" out of Jeff Masters during the IS-7 trial, thus earning Manfred his only penalty in his entire career, not only did he act like like a complete manchild for a single blemish on his perfect record, he even went as far as to murder Gregory at the opportunity he had, then took in Gregory's son Miles to be more like him. Not that Manfred actually cared about Miles other than waiting for the moment to enact his revenge on the latter for accidentally shooting him during the DL-6 incident.
- Later on, when Phoenix called Manfred out for his using of Yanni Yogi as a puppet for the DL-6 revenge scheme, Manfred electrocuted him and Maya Fey with a stun blaster with the intent to harm them both, or at the very least, steal all of the DL-6 evidence with them helpless to stop him.
- Ironically enough, he was a Karma Houdini for so long, it took nearly all of Phoenix's and Maya's combined willpower to finally defeat him in court—twice.
- His murder of Gregory inadvertently inspired Phoenix to become a defense attorney. In addition, his downfall helped shape Miles's resolve in later years.
- On the topic, while his murder of Gregory was inexcusable, his being manipulated in doing so at the hands of the eviler Blaise Debeste was understandable.