WARNING! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under eighteen years or older.
Makoto Itou (伊藤 誠 Itō Makoto) is the protagonist of School Days and Summer/Shiny Days, as well as a side character in Cross Days. A generally mild-mannered student of class 1-3, his life becomes more complicated when seatmate Sekai Saionji helps him with his romantic life and sets him up with Kotonoha Katsura.
Why He Sucks
- In the anime, he is at first an average student who is too shy to ask out a girl he likes. But throughout the series, he becomes a lying, cheating, irredeemable jerk who sleeps with just about any girl he gets his hands on.
- Besides cheating on his girlfriends, he scolds one girl and publicly embarrass her that anyone would consider it distasteful.
- He generally flirts with other girls at school. But, he "loves" them for their bodies rather than for who they are.
- Not only does he hurt the girls who love him, but countless other girls who have fallen for his "charm", causing a lot of suffering and devastation.
- Additionally, due to this, he drove two girls into insanity and is directly responsible for Katsura’s mental collapse.
- When Sekai Saionji reveals her possible pregnancy to Makoto, he refuses to take responsibility.
- Luckily, his womanizing ways bit him back in the rear. And at the end of the anime, he receives his own comeuppance.
- He at least showed some remorse for his actions.
- Unlike other harem series, (even though he or the series on its own may anger viewers) he is a realistic example of how perverse behavior and little regard for other’s emotions can have severe consequences.
- His birthday is October 16.
- Due to the fact that he treats women badly and he has a sex addiction, he is widely hated by many audiences.
- He has children with Sekai and Setsuna. However, the continuity is unknown.
- His first name translates to "sincerity".