Jump to navigation Jump to search
MacKenzie Hollister is one of the characters from the Dork Diaries book series. She goes to Westchester Country Day and serves as the main antagonist of said book series and Nikki Maxwell's arch-nemesis.
Why She Is More Dorky Than Nikki
- Cat in the bag: She's nothing but another generic, stereotypical mean girl.
- She has an obsession with looking good, as she constantly spends her money on clothes, bags, and even lip gloss and constantly manipulates Brandon into liking her like every stereotypical mean girl.
- She treats her parents so poorly, due to her status as an arrogant mean popular girl. But when she is sick of Nikki around at school, she forced her parents to take her to another school without her, proving that she is an idiot.
- She accused Zoey of being a thief.
- Hypocrisy: She tried to steal someone's lost wallet. Hell, she even stole Nikki's diary.
- Her personality is very similar to Chloé Bourgeois, However, the latter even got some character development and has justifiable reasons for her actions.
- Her constant boasting about how she and Brandon would make a "cute couple" is annoying and obnoxious.
- She has no reasonable explanation to bully Nikki and she didn't even get to know her properly, especially ever since she was a new student at Westchester Country Day School and Nikki. In fact, she hates Nikki just because she's a new student which is a very pathetic and stupid reason to hate her. So, she basically only exists to cause a conflict for the main character Nikki.
- Not to mention, she nearly killed Nikki in Tales From a Not-So Happy Heartbreaker by ignoring her while the latter was drowning.
- She usually starts repetitive dramas over the smallest of the reasons like she goes out her way making everything and everyone desperate, hating Nikki Maxwell in the first place for just being a new student, and dragging on the bug in the hair drama for three books for no reason other than to cause conflict as mentioned above. However, If she didn't cause these redundant dramas there won't be a conflict, overall making her a mean-spirited jerk and pointless character in general.
- She has no character development whatsoever, what worse is, she gets worse as the series progresses.
- She tried to report the animal shelter, Fuzzy Friends, for what she thought was "animal abuse," but the Channel 6 news station hotline hung up on her because she was on hold for too long. MacKenzie! Do you even know what animal abuse is!?
- She is aware of how bad she is and is very impressed with it. No joke.
- Painful dialogue like "Don't you need a LICENSE to be that UGLY?" gets old very quickly and will get you on your last nerve to the point it's ripping off the James Bond movie, License To Kill, without the word, "kill".
- Like Nikki, her personality is way similar to Greg Heffley's brother, Rodrick from Diary Of A Wimpy Kid, and the delinquent Pete Hosey from the first movie adaptation of the same name.
- Her character design is pretty and cute.
- She has a great sense of fashion.
- She sometimes does gets comeuppances for her actions in various books
- Despite this, she is not really based on Rodrick Heffley, and Pete Hosey,
- She is not as selfish as Doug "Thug" Thurston, Max Crumbly's bully, and the main antagonist of the book series of the same character's name.
- It was shown that she was bullied at her old school was reasonable why she treated Nikki and other unpopular students, poorly.
- As of Dork Diaries 9, she's no longer a part of the CCP (Cute, Cool and Popular) clique.
- She used to attend North Hampton Hills International Academy, but she went back to her old school because she got bullied.
- She has a crush on Brandon Roberts.