|Mac and Terrence's Mother (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)
"Mac, no, stop it! This isn't about you promising to be good or keeping Bloo locked up. The fact thing is, you're a big boy now, and you're too old for him."
Mac and Terrence's Mother is the mother of Mac and Terrence, and a recurring character in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Her husband is never seen nor mentioned throughout the show; making it deductible that she is either divorced, single or widowed. In the pilot movie, she tells Mac that he is too old to have an imaginary friend and that he should give Bloo up, thus the reason why Bloo now lives at Foster's.
Why She Failed as a Single Mother
- She, besides Terrence, is the main reason why Bloo lives at Foster’s now, so that she could have Mac grow up.
- In "House of Bloo's", rather than punishing only Terrence, she blames both of her sons for the apartment destruction and gives Mac the harsher punishment (being forced to get rid of Bloo, while Terrence merely got sent to his room), which comes off as unacceptable, because Mac did absolutely nothing wrong. He and Bloo were minding their own business until Terrence bullied them and ruined everything, and on that topic, she never apologizes to Mac at the end. And Terrence’s reaction to the news meant he got what he wanted.
- Also in the same episode, that part where she tells Mac to get rid of Bloo is kind of messed up because it may give the implication to children that it's okay to abandon a living thinking person.
- In "Duchess of Wails", she basically threatened to move out of the apartment after getting fed up with Duchess, which horrifies Mac, as he doesn't want to move somewhere really far away from Bloo.
- She was also unlikable in other episodes such as "Infernal Slumber", and the infamously "I Only Have Surprise For You", and in that one, she humiliated her own son Mac on his past birthdays, and laughed at his misfortunes. Seriously, woman!?!
- She never realized that Terrence WAS the only one at fault when her apartment was destroyed in the first place, neither did she reward Mac for telling the truth about Terrence abusing him.
- She never punished Terrence for his violent and abusive actions towards Mac other than sending him to his room, which is an example of a careless and neglectful mother.
- We never get to see her face for no reason whatsoever.
- She has gotten only a small amount of screen time.
- Her character design is good and passable, even if we don’t see her face.
- Grey DeLisle did a good job voicing her.
- She does love her sons very much, despite her carelessness and neglectfulness.
- In the episode, "Infernal Slumber", she hugged Mac for cleaning her apartment, although she didn't know that it was the imaginary friends that actually cleaned her apartment, and during the credits sequence, she grounded Terrence.
- Similar to Terrence, the show possibly would never exist without her.
- At least she's not physically abusive towards Mac unlike how Terrence can be.
- In "Frankie My Dear", it is mentioned by Mac that she works at a bank.