Lola Martinez is one of the main characters in the Nickelodeon TV series Zoey 101 for seasons 2-4. Lola is the best friend and roommate of Zoey Brooks, Nicole Bristow and Quinn Pensky. Her other best friends are Chase Matthews, Logan Reese, and Michael Barret. Lola is a great actress and aspires to one day be a famous actress.
Sadly, she was flanderized as the seasons of Zoey 101 went on.
Lola is an aspiring movie star who came to PCA after Dana moved out in season 2 Lola became the new roommate of Zoey, Nicole. Extremely dedicated to her acting aspirations, Lola can come across as an extremely driven and passionate individual. Despite her many talents and skills, she is often portrayed as rather lazy (such as deciding to nap instead of standing up and picking up the television remote, getting bored halfway through giving Quinn a makeover, or having Stacey Dillsen organize the prom for her) but always rises to the task when the situation calls for it. She is a highly flirtatious individual, having enjoyed the company of many boys over the course of the series and can sometimes be rather conceited.
Why She Isn't Aspiring As She Was Before
- The main problem with Lola in seasons 3 and 4 is that she was introduced in season 2 as an independent, trendy girl with an unique style and personality, as well as an original different hairstyle (and sometimes, different hair color) in every episode. But in season 3 her unique style is gone losing her colorful hair, and her original personality.
- She's fashionable in a more conventional way, and also has stereotypical personality traits of a boy-crazy shallow girl, just like Nicole.
- She acts too similar to Nicole and less of her original character from season 2.
- She completly lost her snarky attitude with a heart of gold, similar to her predecessor Dana.
- While she is very friendly, her sensitivity, energy, and unusual thought processes make her somewhat difficult to be around.
- She sometimes treated very poorly especially from Zoey and her character gets a weak kind of impression, which wasn't the case in season 2.
- There were some moments in Zoey 101 where her character downright sucked.
- She sometimes makes nonsensical jokes.
- Her talent of being a actress is rarely used in the series, and if so, it's generally unimportant.
- The show most focuses on, her butt-monkey status and ditziness. In a lot of episodes, she's rarely even used at all for anything other than humor.
- She has very little character development throughout the whole show.
- She serves just the same functions as Nicole.
- She can be annoying at times.
- She gets more dumb in season 4.
- She can be unlikable, as seen in "Anger Management" and "The Radio."
- She also often shows hostility toward Zoey's little brother Dustin as seen in "Favor Chain" when Zoey told her she wanted her to be Dustin's talent show assistant, Lola said she didn't want to, and added "Eww."
- She does not return in Zoey 102 because her actress couldn't find the time to do be in the film, which is sad considering she is an iconic character.
Good Qualities That Aren't Bratty
- She was a more decent character in season 2.
- While her character steals most of Nicole's traits she kept most of her charm.
- Some things about her are still the same;
- She's still a caring person.
- She would still show signs of her original character from time to time by being a bit snarky with people.
- She's still entertaining to watch.
- While a downgrade to her style in season 2, she has pretty good outfits that she wears.
- She can still be a badass when it comes to helping out her friends.
- She does have a lot of funny moments.
- She is still good-natured, passionate, and a driven individual.
- Zoey 101 would most likely not be as good as it is without her.
- Her relationship with Vince Blake is decent or good in season 4.
- Victoria Justice still did a good job at portraying the character.