Lion-O (ThunderCats Roar)
Lion-O is the lead protagonist of the infamous 2020 animated series ThunderCats Roar. He was also the protagonist in the 1985 show, and 2011 one as well, but mostly displays his worst qualities in this series.
Why He's Not Lion-O
NOTE: This is only focusing on the ThunderCats Roar version of Lion-O, since his 1985 and 2011 incarnations are likable.
- Like the 2016 reboot version of Ben Tennyson, he became a completely goofy (not in a good way), loudmouth protagonist similar in vein to the Teen Titans Go! version of Beast Boy. Like the other characters in the show, he acts happy most of the time with little to no other emotions to the point that it gets annoying and irritating.
- His design looks extremely lazy and ugly and is a huge downgrade from the original designs to the point where it looks like a kindergartener drew it. He doesn't even look like a Thunderian, let alone even resemble his 1985 or 2011 counterparts in any way. Instead, he looks more like a bootleg version Lion-O or a rejected character from Steven Universe rather than the actual Lion-O himself.
- His voice actor, Max Mittelman does a terrible job voicing him, as he makes him sound horrible and annoying.
- He spends his time doing stupid things. In the original, he was naïve because of his rapid aging in his faulty capsule, but he wasn't a complete moron.
- He cries, or complains over stupid things, like not being able to open up a jar of cookies in the episode "The Legend of Boggy Ben".
- He is rarely ever seen fighting villains anymore, and is viewed to put most of the action and fighting, and stuff he did in the old show behind.
- He is unfunny, mind-numbingly gross, and is also mildly psychotic.
- Despite him caring and loving his friends he rarely helps them when in danger, as evident to how Tygra can be treated at times.
- He is completely soft now and won't fight anyone whatever they may do to him, or his friends.
- He does still care for his friends deep down.
- He got his comeuppance in the final episode, where he and his gang get arrested for being in Santa Claus's naughty list.
- He is often compared to Robin's Go! counterpart.