Le Spatula is a minor antagonist from SpongeBob SquarePants. He appeared in the season 4 episode "All That Glitters", which he appears as a main antagonist. He was voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.
Why He's Intentionally a Bad Spatula
- The reason why he exists so that SpongeBob would replace his normal spatula (who is fact a living real object only in that episode) when it was broken, and it doesn’t go well.
- He is very vain, unloyal, unempathetic, demanding, rude, and cruel, much unlike to SpongeBob's original spatula, Spat.
- He is just an unfunny stereotypical French jerk. As he betrays SpongeBob just because he wouldn't touch what he considers "filth" before running off.
- SpongeBob literally sold everything he has (including his own clothes) just to buy Le Spatula, only to get betrayed by him. What a huge slap in the faceǃ
- He barely gets any more screen time in this episode at all.
- He, for some reason, has legs, even though his purpose was to cook food and not compete in a running marathon.
- He even goes as far as to punch SpongeBob as well as spit in his face, then laugh and run away, which makes him an utterly cruel and heartless jerk.
- Speaking of WHIABS #1, he is kind of picky. The reason why he wouldn't let SpongeBob touch him is that he only prefers to cook fancy food rather than any other food, which makes the tool more worthless than it looks.
- He never gets punished for his cruel actions towards SpongeBob, making him a Karma Houdini.
- Despite its poor execution, the concept of a futuristic spatula with a lot of features seems cool and creative.
- It's pretty obvious that he was made to be loathed for being an entitled and snobbish piece of junk.
- His design is passable to look at.
- Dee Bradley Baker does an excellent job of voicing him, much like all of his other characters that he has voiced in the show.
- Just like Puffy Fluffy, another villain in the show (although in "A Pal for Gary"), Le Spatula only appears in "All That Glitters", and after that episode, he thankfully never appears again.
- His name is not grammatically correct. Since in French, nouns have genders, the French word from "spatula" ("spatule"), the correct way would be "Le Spatule".
- Le Spatula is similar to the hydrodynamic spatula from the pilot episode "Help Wanted", in that he has multiple heads built in.
- SpongeBob SquarePants characters
- Stereotypical characters
- Bad characters from good media
- American characters
- Nickelodeon characters
- Cartoon characters
- Karma Houdini
- Characters from 2000s media
- Unlikable characters
- Rejected characters
- Snobbish characters
- Overpowered characters
- Hate sinks
- French characters