Lady Vain (Happily N'Ever After 2: Snow White - Another Bite @ the Apple)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lady Vain is the main antagonist in the 2009 direct-to-DVD animated film, Happily N'Ever After 2: Snow White—Another Bite @ the Apple, she's an ugly witch who wanted to be queen just like Queen Grace.
Why She Sucks
- She's basically a rip-off of Ursula/Vanessa from the Little Mermaid as both are wicked witches who curse the main female protagonist and transformed themselves into beautiful women using their magic mirrors, Scar from the Lion King and Lord Farquaad from Shrek as they wanted to be royal rulers to their respective kingdoms after the death of the main character’s parent (which became overused), she even copied Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon as both are evil queens and shared the same actress, Cindy Robinson (at least in the Viz Media dub).
- She's very poorly animated much like most of the other characters from the movie, even by 2009 animated film standards, mainly due to the movie's cheaply made PlayStation 2, XBox, GameCube and Wii game-like animation.
- She has no real motivation beyond "Taking over the kingdom by marring the protagonist’s parent” even though she was a Mary Sue among the kingdom when she became beautiful.
- Her true form (especially her young self at the beginning) is very ugly like most of the characters and her beautiful form is basically a reused model of Queen Grace from the beginning which clearly shows how cheap and lazy the animators are into the character models.
- She disrespected Queen Grace's death by smiling at the coffin carriage during her funeral until her mother (who is way more uglier than that of Lady Vain) told her to stop smiling as it's a sad day for the kingdom.
- Terrible and annoying voice acting from Cindy Robinson as she is seen often yelling the majority of her lines. But it didn't help that Cindy also voiced Amy Rose from the Sonic games throughout the 2010s decade, Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon, Kukaku Shiba, Miyako Shiba, Jinta Hanakari (kid) and Kiyone Kotetsu from Bleach, Minerva and Hinoka from Fire Emblem and Zola from the Blue Dragon series.
- She's an stereotypical mean popular queen bee who is already done to death in numerous of worse and better media.
- Her redemption is very rushed at the last minute after she was defeated by King Cole who was going to marry her just because she looks like his late wife.
- When Mambo warns King Cole that he doesn't what to marry her because she's a wolf in sheep's clothing, Lady Vain literality told her guards to throw Munk and Mambo out of the kingdom which shows that she cannot handle criticism and even thought they're both rulers of the scaling controlling area.
- During the wedding when Snow White came back, she told King Cole and the Persist not to see her return which show how heartless she is towards her husband that she's going to marry.
- She even curse Snow White by the apple that Rumpelstiltskin gave to her which caused her to say very rude things to nearly everyone in the kingdom to the point where they started to hate her. how very cruel of her to the point where she barely get told off by King Cole for doing such a thing to his daughter, even Big Tex and DC Super Hero Girls Lois Lane wouldn't take that way too far to their rivals.
- She gets prickly over certain things like where she has to pick a wedding dress for her wedding and doesn't like any of them as she only wants the finest wedding dress made by the finest hands, heck she never even notice Munk and Mambo's wedding dress women disguises.
- She treat some people like Sir Peter and Rumpelstiltskin like slaves and wants everyone in the kingdom to stay away from her even though she's going to be queen to the point where she makes Frieda from the first movie a much better antagonist by comparison.
- She seemed to care more about her beautiful looks rather than keeping her true self as she cried over being turned back into her ugly self when her magic mirror broke into glass shreds after King Cole and Snow White defeated her.
- Her beautiful self, while being poorly animated and a copy and paste model of Queen Grace, is nice to look at.
- She got some comeuppance from Snow White and the Dwarves who got a lot of work for her.
- The reason for her cruel behavior is that the way her mother treats her when she was young and ugly.