Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic Boom)
This page will only focus on Knuckles as he appears in Sonic Boom, not his video game counterpart since he's more likable.
Knuckles the Echidna is one of the main characters in Sonic Boom. He is from Angel Island and the last of his kind. He is also the keeper of the Fregosi Sapphire. Knuckles serves as the muscle of Team Sonic, a group of heroes who defends the peace of Seaside Island and the world at large. Unlike his friends, Knuckles is a nomad without a permanent home and lives in nature. Sadly, he was flanderized in this era.
- Instead of being portrayed as the same Knuckles who was a bit gullible yet still smart and a likable hero that cares about saving the planet and everyone, he is portrayed as a generic, brutal, impulsive, oblivious & lazy idiot of the group.
- His portrayal as this muscular, slow-witted, goofy, idiotic stereotype nearly reinforced the debase of Knuckles being a serious character without any high status whatsoever.
- His character design (while still rendered well) looks awful to the faithful look of Knuckles and is shallow looking when presenting him as the 'dumb muscle of the group.
- He can be quite stupid and annoyingly so, more often than not.
- The stuff that he does as an 'idiot' character isn't really all that amusing nor interesting, it just looks annoying and tiresome.
- Most of his dialogue is just regularly to what any generic 'idiot character' would usually say. Which just doesn't really sound all that funny either.
- He can't even climb the wall with all elements, instead, it's just the rock thing and that's pretty much it.
- He was at his worst with his stupidity in both episodes: Counter-Productive and Don't Judge Me. The latter having him being even dumber than usual and getting carried away with his delusions that he tried using to help Sonic that were screwups as results.
- Even though his design was awful, some fans consider it to be awesome.
- The moment he shared the real meaning of feminism was pretty inspiring and fared well with most viewers.
- He admits being "dumb as a rock" in Don't Judge Me and was rather well-intentioned in Counter-Productive as he wanted to make up to Charlie for his idiocy and absent-mindedness regardless of making mistakes out of impulsion.
- He is patient and often good-natured. Despite his absurd delusions of grandeur and massive moronitude, he is sometimes compassionate and forgiving.
- He isn't always dumb, being capable of showing some smarts and wisdom. Not only that, but he can sometimes be shown to be skilled, competent, or talented.
- On some occasions, he has funny lines and moments.
- His catchphrase with saying "Not Cool [name]", for example, can be amusing.
- The Sonic Boom TV series would probably not be as good as it is without him.
- He created some memes, the most famous being the "Meme Approved".