Kirby (Kirby's Avalanche/Kirby's Ghost Trap)
Kirby is the main protagonist of the video games with the same game. He is a pink, round creature who resides at Dream Land. In his debut game, his mission was to recover stolen food from King Dedede, appearing in every game since. Sadly, he's been badly flanderized in Kirby's Avalanche/Kirby's Ghost Trap, reaching jerkass levels from the beginning to the end of the game.
NOTE: This article is only talking about his flanderization in Kirby's Avalanche/Kirby's Ghost Trap since the original Kirby is likable.
Why He Sucked (Figuratively)
- To get the elephant out of the room, he has been badly flanderized becoming from a likable, adventurous puffball to a complete jerkass who acts abusive towards everyone and is happy to hurt them for no reason.
- The reason why he's so unlikable is because he's very rude, annoying and immature.
- He hardly gets any comeuppance or karma for acting like a jerk to others and gets off scot-free, making him a Karma Houdini.
- He is one of the reasons, if not the sole reason why Kirby's Avalanche/Kirby's Ghost Trap gained a biased hatebase.
- His behavior has been widely hated by fans and critics alike, possibly even worse than in Kirby Squeak Squad, thus making him a Scrappy.
- He is a member of the Mean Popular Boy trope.
- Since the game that he appeared in (Kirby's Avalanche/Kirby's Ghost Trap) was released by Nintendo (although the storyline is not considered canon), he gives the original Kirby a bad name.
- He does not apologize to the rest of the cast at the end of the game.
In The Cutscenes
- When he asked Waddle Dee to play Avalanche with him, Waddle Dee says no and instead asked him if they can just walk together, but however, Kirby outright refuses to accept that and says: "Sorry, rules are rules!" thus proving that he cannot handle others saying no to him.
- He calls Bronto Burt a bully just because he wants to fight Kirby, which shows he likes to call people bad names. Not to mention, that is hypocritical, as Kirby is the bully in this game.
- Another scene where he does that is even worse than the former, when Paint Roller said he will draw a picture of him winning against Kirby, he refers to him as "the meanest art student he's ever met" which also proves that Kirby cannot handle criticism.
- He is also inconsiderate, when Whispy Woods told him not to step on his roots, he does it anyway, and also he threatens Whispy that he will steal his apples from him and make them into an apple pie.
- He's somewhat dumb, as in one scene he refers to Kabu as a "boulder" which is nonsensical since he is a statue.
- He is also a mocker, when Broom Hatter was cleaning the forest he mocks her by saying he will clean up her Avalanche skills instead, causing Broom Hatter to get upset.
- Not only that, but he also has bad manners, when Squishy was talking to him he interrupts him by telling him to leave, which shows how rude he is and proves he is impatient at the same time.
- For some reason, the game inserts Kirby the wrong feelings in one scene, as when Bugzzy roared at him he says he is scared but however, he had an angry look on his face, which can also make him sarcastic too.
- He can be manipulative: when he's fighting Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright, he says he'll have both fighting eventually (like Marx did in Kirby Super Star).
- He overreacts when Meta Knight said he will fight him.
- Most of his lines, if not all his lines are stolen from Arle Nadja except that they are translated.
- While he did speak in the game, it was non-canon, as it was a reskin of Puyo Puyo, sadly.
In The Boss Fights
- He causes bad things to happen to the bosses when he defeats them, causing them to get hurt (EX: Waddle Doo, Whispy Woods & Heavy Mole).
- He is far too hyperactive, as he jumps around and flies like a maniac for literally no reason at all, although it was a reskin of Puyo Puyo, he also replaces Carbuncle so it is justified in a way.
- To add insult to injury, his sprites are resprited from Kirby's Advenuture unlike the ones in the cutscenes.
- He thankfully did not ruin the game despite his actions.
- To be fair: Kirby himself was far more likable in the previous games, and he has redeemed in the later games such as Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Dream Land 3, etc.
- At least his appearance (in both cutscenes & bosses) stays faithful to the original Kirby, and not to mention cute as well.
In The Cutscenes
- He can be funny at times. Especially since he comes up with funny jokes such as in the cutscene where he meets Lololo & Lalala.
- He does (if rarely) get his comeuppance for his actions, such as in Bronto Burt's cutscene where he gets told to shut up.
- On top of that, he also gets another minor comeuppance in Waddle Doo's cutscene, where he was appalled at how Kirby didn't treat Waddle Dee with respect and scolded him for his mistreatment.
- He does act nice to some characters, like King Dedede.
- "I'll breathe in your pathetic bombs and spit them back at you!"
In The Boss Fights
- The victory dance he does when he wins is cute to look at.
- His sprites in the boss fights are decent and cute-looking despite them being resprited from Kirby's Adventure.