Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kiddy Kong is a minor character in the Donkey Kong franchise, who is a main character in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!.
- His goofy/ugly design, mainly his blue pajamas and enormous mouth. On top of that, his character design is incredibly lazy, with it being deliberately intended to look like a miniature or infant version of Donkey Kong.
- The ear-piercing, loud cry he makes when he loses a life. The cry is even louder in the GBA remake.
- The only reason why he was created was to be a sidekick. True, other sidekicks like Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Luigi from Mario and Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog exist for the same reason, but at least those guys have more personality.
- His water-skipping move is not so useful, and isn't used too often either.
- Unlike his brother Chunky Kong, Kiddy Kong receives almost no character development, or even has a character.
- He is overall pointless and useless.
- He has barely appeared again after his debut, showing how unpopular he is.
- He was only put in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! because neither Donkey Kong nor Diddy Kong could be playable.
- He is considered a clone of Donkey Kong, and also has almost no importance to the series. You can easily replace him with, say, Tiny Kong, and the game would still be the same.
- His face in the game over screen of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! is very uncomfortable.
- Due to his massive weight, Dixie is severely disadvantaged when she uses the Team-Up move, moving very slowly while carrying him, and not being able to throw him very far.
- He is the 'Strong Kong' of the game, being able to defeat some enemies that Dixie cannot.
- Kiddy can carry and throw barrels better than Dixie can.
- Unlike Donkey Kong, Kiddy is able to throw Dixie so she can reach high places.
- His design can look cute depending on your views.
- Despite his annoying traits, he is a good natured baby who is brave and helps Dixie save DK and Diddy from King K. Rool, fighting many bad guys including the King himself.
- He did get some character development, though that’s not saying much.
- "WOAH..... BIG MAN!"
- Despite his unpopularity, he was supposed to appear in Donkey Kong Racing and makes a cameo in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a spirit, which you can get by enhancing the Dixie Kong spirit.
- Also, in the Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze direct, it was mentioned that there will be a 4th playable character, and everyone thought it would be either Kiddy or Funky Kong (but instead, Cranky Kong was chosen, while Funky was added in the Switch port, leaving Kiddy with nothing.)