(Redirected from Kennedy)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kennedy (last name unknown) was a Slayer, founder of the Deepscan, and ex-girlfriend of Willow Rosenberg. She is played by Iyari Limon.
Why She Sucks
- She's mainly used as a filter character- since she was introduced right after Tara- Willow's former girlfriend - died.
- Speaking of which, she tries too hard to make Willow like her, by forcing her into a relationship she wasn't ready for, and lying to her.
- She's bratty, egotistical, selfish and has an overwhelming sense of self-entitlement.
- She aware of how bad she is, and she's proud of it.
- She helped cause the suicide of one of the Potentials with her Drill Sergeant Nasty act. (Technically, it was The First Evil the did it, but she contributed). She is never shown to feel any guilt or remorse for her actions (Buffy may have badmouthed the girl, but she at least confessed to Willow that it was a motivational tactic that went too far).
- Her first scene has her act dismissively towards Buffy, arrogantly demand weapons and tries to hit on Willow. None of these endeared her to fans.
- She was more content to throw her weight around than actually learning anything, even questioning the authority of those with more experience, like Buffy and Faith. In fact, the script for "Storyteller" shows that her favourite passtime is bitching out Buffy and claiming she's not all she's cracked up to be.
- She's similar to Cordelia Chase and Anya Jenkins, only without the character development, depths or fun.
- She makes an off-handed joke about date rape.
- Unlike Oz and Tara, she was not a good fit for Willow at all, being too pushy and overbearing plus they have nothing in common aside from being gay. It's not helped by the fact that Alyson Hannigan and Iyari Limon had no chemistry.
- She's instrumental in getting Buffy ousted as leader and Faith put in charge, only to bitch her out as well, prompting Faith to tell her to put up or shut, to which she backs off.
- She has zero respect for anyone, even Buffy, who has constantly saved her life.
- Willow broke up with her in the Season Eight comics.
- Questions the leadership qualities of Stalin Buffy and the psychotic Faith, as well as how best to deal with the Ultimate Evil. In the comics much of her pissy attitude revolves around the idea of trying to turn someone who is straight (Buffy) gay, as opposed to genuinely being that way, something of a sticking point for LGBTs.
- Kennedy is #21 on Entertainment Weekly's "The 21 Most Annoying TV Characters Ever" list.