Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This page is being considered for deletion for the following reason: He's not really a bad character, and is considered to be one of the most popular character of the series.|
Katsuki Bakugo (爆豪勝己, Bakugō Katsuki), also known as Kacchan (かっちゃん, Kacchan) by his childhood friends, is the deuteragonist of My Hero Academia. He is a student training to become a Pro Hero at U.A. High School.
- He is extremely mean-spirited, giving insulting nicknames to everybody he knows, talking disrespectfully to his parents, even in front of his teachers, and bullying Izuku Midoriya since childhood, even to the point of discouraging him from enrolling in the hero program and telling him to commit suicide.
- While it's understandable that everyone wants to become the number-one hero, he seems almost egotistical and narcissistic about it. Not to mention that he even overreacts whenever someone walks in front of him.
- He makes huge mountains out of molehills. An example would be blasting a table just because Todoroki was ignoring him.
- He has no regard for the safety of others, such as in the battle trial when he blew up a building and could have also killed Midoriya, Uraraka, and Iida, and in the Sports Festival where in his battles against Uraraka and Todoroki, they actually fainted.
- His actions are anti-heroic, if not downright villainous.
- His appearance combined with his personality and actions confuse newcomers to the My Hero Academia franchise into thinking he is a villain, when in reality, he is a hero.
- 80% of his dialogue is screamed, which can irritate some people, especially those with below-average hearing.
- Worst of all, he was initially the opposite of what he is now. Bakugo was supposed to be a natural-born genius, a very kind and gentle character who spoke without thinking and unintentionally insulted others. Kohei Horikoshi, however, found this original draft to be boring and decided to make him an unpleasant character instead. Well done Horikoshi. Well done.
- He gets sidelined in some of the later story arcs, such as in the middle of the third season and in the fourth season.
- His catchphrase "Die" can get very obnoxious.
- He is very intelligent, and his superiority complex stems from being constantly admired and praised for his intelligence and talents.
- He later refers to certain characters by their surname, such as Kirishima, Todoroki, and Uraraka.
- When Shigaraki offered Bakugo the chance to join the villains, Bakugo refused, showing he wants to improve himself as a hero rather than pull a Sasuke Uchiha and take the easy way out and become a villain. Horikoshi even confirmed that he has no intention to turn Bakugo into an antagonist. In fact, he gets the most development out of any character in the franchise, second to Midoriya.
- When he lost to Midoriya in the battle trial, he had a mental breakdown, yet because of his intelligence, he understood his current position, allowing him to grow.
- He can handle criticism, such as after the first battle trial when Momo commented that he acted foolishly by unleashing a large-scale assault in a confined area.
- He knows when he's overpowered, such as witnessing Todoroki during the second battle trial.
- This is most evident in his battle against Uraraka in the sports festival.
- Before the match starts, he does not underestimate her abilities or overestimate his own.
- Because he acknowledges her strength, he is wary during the entire battle and is surprised when she quickly reaches her limit. He completely expected her to have another strategy after what was ultimately her finishing move.
- When Todoroki passed out during their battle together, he ran up to him and expressed concern for him.
- He also expressed concern to Izuku when Burnin mentioned to him that Tomura Shigaraki said something about One For All.
- His voice actors - Nobuhiko Okamoto (Japanese), Clifford Chapin (English), Emmanuel Rausenberger (French), Daniel Käser (German), Sanket Mhatre (Hindi), Federico Viola (Italian), Kim Yeong-seon (Korean), and Rafael Escalante (Latin-American Spanish) - all did fantastic jobs voicing him and perfectly captured his aggressive, anti-heroic personality. Their screams, especially Okamoto's, were incredible. The same can be said for the voice actors of his younger self: Sachi Kokuryu (Japanese), Kate Oxley (English), Jessie Lambotte (French), Dorothea Zwetkow (German), and Annalisa Longo (Italian).
- Like all My Hero Academia characters, he is very well designed, with fans saying he is the most attractive male character in the franchise, tied with Todoroki.
- In all honesty, the reason he was sidelined in the middle of the third season was because he was captured by the League of Villains.
- He delivers funny lines like " King Explosion Murder" and ¨Go throw yourself in a traffic¨.
- The episode "Deku vs Kacchan Part 2" actually make us sympathize with Bakugo.
- From time to time, he is aware of his own actions and learn from his mistakes.
- He, defeated Nine along with Izuku by letting him transfer One For All to him.