Katherine Blake (Freaky Friday (2018))
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Katherine Blake is one of the two central characters in the 2018 Disney Channel remake, Freaky Friday. She's Ellie Blake's controlling mother who ends up actually switching bodies with her.
She is portrayed by Heidi Blickenstaff.
Why She Sucks
- Both Heidi Bliekenstaff's and Cozi Zuehlsdorff's performances as her could have been better.
- She's a unnecessarily controls to her daughter Ellie. What sets her apart from the other versions of this type of character is that she doesn't get any proper character development or an interesting dynamic between her and the daughter.
- She's a pretty flat character, as she doesn't get any character traits outside of "the overbearing control freak". The other versions were relatable and compelling in their own ways.
- She's also not very caring or sensitive either. Her daughter was still upset over the loss of her father from 5 years ago, but we never see her trying to cope with Ellie, and it's been suggested that she had never done so over the 5 years.
- While in her daughter's body she sang 'Oh, Biology' - a song expressing her desire towards Adam - a high schooler - and blaming it all on the teenager genes. … We kid you not.