Kairi (Kingdom Hearts III)
Kairi is the tritagonist of the Kingdom Hearts video game series. She is one of Sora's friends alongside Riku.
Sadly her character in Kingdom Hearts III was wasted.
NOTE: This only applies to her appearance in Kingdom Hearts III, as she was flanderized. The rest of her appearances are fine.
- The main problem with Kairi is that she is once again a typical "damsel in distress" instead of playing a big part like Sora and Riku in the third game.
- She doesn't really do much like Sora, or Riku who try to stop the big bad, which can make her appearance rather pointless and one-dimensional.
- Her character development got reversed from Kingdom Hearts II, as when she got kidnapped, she freed herself and started to fight with her keyblade, but in Kingdom Hearts III, she doesn't make any real contributions to the final battle, such as fighting and gets kidnapped the third time and the same stuff gets repeated on her like the previous two games: Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II.
- Much like Princess Elise the Third, her kidnapping can get old real fast.
- It wastes her potential as she never actually fights alongside Sora and the rest of the keyblade wielders.
- It was hinted that she would learn how to use a keyblade and fight alongside Sora and his allies against Xehanort and Organization XIII, but unfortunately, her training was shown offscreen with Lea as they are shown conversing most of the time which was a waste.
- It seemed like she would actually fight with Sora and the others in the graveyard cutscenes, but she doesn't. Not only does she get kidnapped yet again, but she ends up getting killed by Xehanort to motivate Sora into forging the x-blade and Kairi needing to be saved yet again.
- Her design is nice and cute like always.
- Her relationship with Sora is adorable and cute.
- Thankfully, she redeemed herself in the Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind DLC where she is finally a playable character and actually fights this time.
- Her voice provider, Alyson Stoner, does a good job voice providing her.