Kai Green (Ben 10: Original Series and Omniverse)
Kai Green is a minor character in Ben 10, and a recurring character in Omniverse. First appearing in the original series’ episode, "Benwolf", she is a Navajo girl who is one of Ben’s first love interests. Kai is the granddaughter of Wes Green, a friend and former partner of Max Tennyson. She also made a small cameo in "Perfect Day", but it was only during Ben’s dream. She later reappeared in Omniverse in "An American Benwolf in London", and made recurring appearances during that series.
Why She Sucks
- For being one of Ben Tennyson’s very first love interests, she was not handled well unlike Julie (in 2 of the sequel series).
- When she and Gwen were looking for the Árbol del Matrimonio cactus, Gwen sat on it and it pricked her butt. Kai didn’t even ask if she was ok, and was more interested that they found the cactus.
- While it’s not bad to been interested in an alien species, the way she wanted to use Ben’s powers to train him while he was Benwolf to study the Yenaldooshi was just wrong, even for a kid.
- The way she turns down Ben was just plain heartbreaking for poor Ben, saying she was only interested in Blitzwolfer. Keep in mind, that when Julie found out about Ben’s Omnitrix, she found his aliens cool, and also liked him for who he was.
- And worse, she appears again in "Perfect Day". Although it was only a short cameo and it was only during Ben’s dream, but still.
- She was the main reason why the writers decide to ruin Ben and Julie’s relationship, and also why Julie was sadly flanderized, both happening in Omniverse.
- Speaking of which, she got even worse when her older, teenager self appeared in Omniverse, as similar to Eustace Bagge, she was fully flanderized, going from being just a mean and young girl to an incredibly annoying and unlikable teenager, as she likes to tease Ben so she can hide her crush for him, and argues with him sometimes.
- Her love-hate relationship with Ben is annoying at times, mostly because of her unlikable traits.
- She’s another one of those mean popular girl cliches.
- She was a decent character until the moment where she wanted to train Ben (Benwolf specifically) like a pet.
- Both of her character designs, as a cute kid and then as a beautiful teenager, were both pretty good, even if the latter is from Omniverse’s lack-luster art style.
- Bettina Bush did an amazing job voicing her, both as a kid and as a teenager.
- The moment Gwen yelled at her, telling her is wrong to treat Ben as a pet, was so satisfying.
- Her Omniverse older counterpart has a few funny moments, like when she overreacts to Spanner’s comment on how she and Ben are gonna marry in the future, how she gets annoyed when Ben teases her right back, and some of her funny anime like expressions.
- She’s honestly a badass plumber, her teenager self, since she’s very smart and creative, is very awesome when it comes to combat, and helps out Ben and Rook in the best way she can. She also has some cool moments, like when she was surprisingly a good leader for all of the girls Ben has meet and lead them all to attack the cretaure in the Null Void.
- While her relationship with Ben is sometimes annoying, it’s decent for the most part and they have some cute moments, like when they kissed and blushed in The Most Dangerous Game Show.
- Her future counterpart is more likable, showing that in the future, she’s grown more mature and less annoying.
- In Navajo, Kai means "Willow tree".
- Blitzwolfer is Kai's favorite out of all of Ben's aliens. She also thinks that Pesky Dust is cute.