"Kaepora Gaebora, the one owl that somehow manages to be more annoying than Navi."— Nathaniel Bandy, How The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time TRIGGERS You!
Kaepora Gaebora is a character in The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time and Majora's Mask. He's an owl who'll constantly interrupt Link in the earlier parts of Ocarina Of Time and one more time after completing the child-portion of the Spirit Temple.
Bad Qualities That Are An Annoying Owl
- He'll interrupt Link in many parts earlier in Ocarina Of Time before completing Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly and sometimes he's forced to interrupt in a few story parts and is optional when going to areas such as Gerudo Valley and Lake Hylia but they have many rewards such as Pieces Of Hearts and Gold Skulltulas that Link as a child can get and this can get tedious when you're trying to obtain them (Tip: Complete Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly first).
- He can cause you to accidentally repeat his speeches if you button mash through the text and select the default answer which is tedious and doesn't help that the Latin-alphabet versions have slow text speed.
- He can feel very Naïve at times and mostly gives you some info you'd already know such as the songs in the Quest Status menu.
- He can feel too positive and joyful at times even though Link is on a quest where he has to do many things considered very serious such as preventing Ganon from entering the Sacred Realm to obtain the Triforce by traveling through time.
- Strangely he comes back only one time again in the Desert Colossus after completing the child-portion of the Spirit Temple which feels like an excuse to fix the plot-hole of not appearing in the adult-portion of the game.
- He can be mistaken of being a spy for Ganondorf as he only does watch Link and gives some impression to players thinking this though he is theorized by many players to be an animal form of Rauru who is one of the Seven Sages.
- While he's decently designed, he kinda looks obese.
Good Qualities That Are Not An Annoying Owl
- He helps you in the quest to get to the Sacred Forest Meadow in Lost Woods by listening to the music in volume which if it is loud it means you're going to the right direction.
- He is great for fast traveling though only in two places that you can do this which is Death Mountain and Lake Hylia which for the latter it'll take you to near to Hyrule Market if you want to change to adult or do quests in the market. Death Mountain on the other hand places you on top of a building of Kakariko Village near the Graveyard that has a secret entrance to a Piece Of Heart.
- His info for songs is actually useful if you think about it as he tells you to press A on the note icons on the Ocarina songs to memorize them.
- In Majora's Mask he only interrupts you two times and for good reason which the first is to teach you a song to fast travel through Owl Statues in Southern Swamp near to Woodfall and the other being easy to get the Lens Of Truth in Snowhead via Goron Village by dropping feathers to help Link get pass to the cave from the invisible floating ice blocks.
- His theme is very well-done and relaxing to hear.
- His Hylian self, Rauru, is a much better character and is actually helpful, giving Link the Light Medallion.
- His design is decent for an owl, despite BQTAAO#7.