Julie Yamamoto is a character in the Ben 10 franchise. She was only a minor character during Omniverse, only appearing in Rules of Engagement and The Most Dangerous Game Show. She is Ben’s ex-girlfriend, and now just friend. She broke up with Ben some time between The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2 and The More Things Change: Part 1.
She was a good character during Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, but unfortunately, when she appeared in Omniverse, she was not just horribly flanderized, but also horribly derailed.
Why She Sucks Now
Note: This page only covers her appearance in Omniverse, as she was likable in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien.
- The main reason that contributed to Julie's current character derailment is because of the Omniverse writing staff who never liked her to begin with (except for Dwayne McDuffie), got her out of the way quickly and eventually brought back Kai Green from the original series who ended up becoming Ben's wife in the future following McDuffie's death in 2011. In short, the writers of Omniverse practically butchered Julie following McDuffie's death because they hated her.
- She was flanderized from a sweet, loving, and supportive girl to a cheating and non-listening person, who didn't even listen to Ben’s side of the story.
- The reason she broke up with Ben was incredibly petty: because of Ben's insults toward a video game.
- While it's understandable that her feelings were hurt during that day, thinking Ben was talking to her, which was a dumb thing Ben did not listening to her and focusing on his video games, that doesn’t mean she's excused for getting another boyfriend, Harve, who is a pretty boring character. In fact, poor Ben was heartbroken when he found out, which is even worse than Kai turning him down when they were kids.
- She was willing to walk away from Ben with Harve without even giving him a chance to redeem himself for his dumb mistake.
- She did swat and flung Ben with her tennis racket, granted, it was while he was Ball Weevil, who is small, also stuck in one of his stink bombs, and it was fired at Looma to free him and defeat her. But it still caused Ben pain.
- Even after Julie helped our heroes defeat Looma, she still turned down Ben, it was all her fault for being a jerk towards Ben.
- While she doesn't like Mr. Smoothy, it's not that bad, but the way she shows it was not good, agreeing with Harve, shocking Ben.
- In "Most Dangerous Game Show", she couldn’t care less about the game show to be Ben’s fiancé, she was texting Harve, her boyfriend. While it helped her in round 1, the library quiet round, round 2, the hole in the wall round, is where she was absent minded, and quickly out. As quoted by Charles Zenith, "Julie Yamamoto, not even trying, she's out."
- Her redesign while cute, is a minor downgrade from the original, witch had a much better design.
- In fact, Her redesign in the UAF flashback during Omniverse looks ugly looking.
- She was a much better character during Alien Force and Ultimate Alien.
- Her redesign is cute, despite being a minor downgrade from the original.
- Vyvan Pham still did a good job voicing her.
- She has a few funny moments, like when she quotes on how many girls Ben's meet and knowing how Santa's sack feels, and when she got pushed into the water by the wall.
- She's still a good tennis player as usual.
- She still has a good bond with her pet, Ship.
- She’s still decently awesome whenever she fights, like when she faced Looma, and when she teams up with all of the girls Ben's meet to face the creature in the Null Void.
- She’s still friends with Ben, which is okay.