Joseph Hisfriendfromschool is one of the main characters of SuperMarioLogan. He is the tritagonist in most Bowser Junior videos and is seen in other videos, most notably certain Jeffy videos. He is voiced by Lovell Stanton.
"Im Outta Here Dude!" Qualities
- He is very egotistic, arrogant, greedy, annoying, whiny, rude, disgusting, and obnoxious for the most part, as he seems to brag that he's better than everybody. Most of his screen time is either him being a less funny Junior clone, trying to act cool or obsessing over sports. He also seems to resemble Kenny McCormick's ways of being poor as well as dying and coming back. The only difference is that Kenny is actually likable.
- Despite working well as part of Junior's friend trio, unlike Junior and Cody, he does not hold up as a character on his own mostly because his character is rather basic and clearly more specialized towards being "Junior and Cody's friend".
- Even the series itself pokes fun at this with his last name being "Hisfriendfromschool" of all things. Laughable last name for a guy like him, right? RIGHT?
- Like Junior, he's a huge bully to his friends, especially Cody. He would yell at Cody about Ken being a doll and in "Cody's Handcuffs", he admitted that he's tired of Cody and Ken, so Junior throws Ken behind the couch. He also makes fun of Cody's mom with Junior. Although rare, he is sometimes mean to Junior too.
- As mentioned above, much of his screen time consists of him copying Junior's opinions and traits and basically being his yes man, albeit usually without Junior's charm or wit. In some videos, whenever Junior acts like he's smarter than Cody, Joseph agrees to everything Junior says and takes his side, regardless of whether Junior's argument has any reasonable basis behind it (which usually it doesn't).
- He's very stupid just like Junior. In fact, his stupidity will most likely rival Jeffy and Black Yoshi's on their worst days.
- Whenever something bad happens, he would often run away and say "I'm outta here, dude!", which gets pretty annoying really fast.
- Joseph is just another mean popular boy stereotype. He also acts like an Alpha Bastard too.
- As of 2021, he rarely has any significant effect on the plot of videos he appears in and seems to pretty much only be used as filler. In other words, that can consider his appearance in each SML video pointless.
- Though even before 2021, there are quite a lot of videos where, despite appearing through most of their runtime, Joseph could be removed from them and the video wouldn't change in any meaningful way, which speaks volumes to how unessential he can be.
- Like Junior, he has done his fair share of horrible things:
- "Bowser Junior's Prank Gone Wrong" for example, he and Junior blew an air horn in Chef Pee Pee's ear, making him deaf; they even use that problem to insult him.
- In "Joseph the Hero" and "Joseph the Millionaire", he infamously acts like an ungrateful and greedy jerk to Richard and Chives for not getting what he wants, which is the main source of criticism for both episodes and a generic Mr. Goodman-wannabe.
- Arguably, his worst appearance in the series is in "Cody's Bad Word", where he acts like a cruel jerk to Cody and even gets Junior to side with him. The catalyst for this is Cody saying the N-word. Not even the actual word, but "n-word", which becomes dumber considering that isn't even what Cody said. (He said "inward" while he and the boys were playing Jenga.) To make things worst, he insulted Cody with various racial white slurs when they tried to continue playing Jenga even though it was Junior's turn.
- In "Jeffy's Pregnancy Scare" he brought a wasp to show and tell and even put it in Penelope's shirt causing her to get stung in the stomach, though this can be seen as hilarious.
- In "The Spring Break Disaster", when he, Junior, Cody and Jeffy were at the beach during a storm he along with Junior not only forced Cody to catch the football but he threw the football which caused him to drown.
- In "Jeffy Gets Stream Sniped" he stole Fornite cards at Target.
- In "Breaking Bad" when Jeffy was selling blue rock candy he and Junior blame Cody which got him arrested.
- In "The Ancient Egg" when Jeffy stole Brooklyn Guy's excavator and when Brooklyn Guy wanted to know where it is he and Junior lie by telling him that they don't know where it is.
- In "Junior's Cheeto Dinosaur", he fakes eating a cheeto-shaped dinosaur when he just simply took it and runs off with it and Junior's laptop just for $5,000,000 and because of his action, he caused Junior and Cody to find a nuke to accidentally activate it as it explodes, killing everyone including himself. Though he deserved it.
- In "Attack of the Nuns", he makes the dumb move to throw a cross that his grandma gave him out of the window not once but twice, resulting in two nuns appearing at Junior's Doorstep two times. Instead of taking back the cross after the first or second time the nuns appeared at Junior's doorstep when the nuns give him a chance to at least be forgiven, he refuses to take it back resulting in Brooklyn Guy dying from one of the nuns shooting him with a shotgun at a point-blank range after Junior calls him, the nuns breaking into the house and nearly got himself, Cody, and Junior killed while they were cornered in the closet. Thankfully, he takes back the cross.
- In "Joseph Falls in Love!", he straight up tries to rape Judy, a grown woman, due to her being homeless before, showing just how sick in the head he is. Even Judy was creeped out by this.
- Starting with the episode "Flushed Away", he has developed a foot fetish for no reason other than for gross-out humor.
- Newer videos have also showed him starting to act more psychotic. In "Jeffy Goes to Juvie", he tries to drill into Cody's skull and happily laughs at Cody for no reason, and In "The Frog", he throws a knife at Cody's eye, also for no reason, which the former would've gotten Cody killed. Even Junior of all people was horrified at Joseph drilling into Cody's skull and throwing a knife at Cody's eye.
- Since the series' transition to using Human Puppets, his whole character became the subject of tedious race-related jokes, whether it involves someone, mostly Brooklyn T. Guy, acting racist towards Joseph or Joseph assuming everything around him is racist. In fact, since "Chicken Pox!", there is this extremely annoying gag where every time someone says a sentence that happens to have words "dark" or "black" in it, Joseph would mistakenly assume they were saying something racist and would go on a rant.
- As of "Jeffy's Car Wash", he uses his race to get out of doing work and helping out others, making him somewhat racist himself and also showing how he treats his friends like slaves.
- He and Junior were in their worst in "No Invite" where they were very unlikable towards Cody that they antagonize him wrongly by accusing him of being racist to people whose names doesn't start with a P, don't wear glasses and being straight which doesn't make any sense at all and ruin the ceremony for Cody. They even forced Cody to apologize to him.
- In Jeffy's Dare, he causes Jeffy to hit his car on a mayor's tree which got Jeffy sued for it. Even after he was called out for it and gets sued for it, he takes no remorse for it whatsoever and to make the matters worse is that he urges Cody to give him $100 for the tree and takes it anyway when Junior wrongly dared Cody three times to give the $100 to him. It is also revealed that he killed someone which he should have also got arrested for that.
- He was a filler for torture character in "The Taser Problem", where for some reason he didn't hate Rosalina for being accused of being racist and instead takes a picture of himself and her in it due to the fact that Rosalina was being too pathetic as a pathetic punching bag in it.
- Overall, his faults of him as a character make most people in the fandom hate him more than Junior and Jeffy, he went from painfully average from 2014-2019 to a Racist Person who thinks everything offends him because he's black in 2020-today.
- Because of his actions, Joseph Hisfriendfromschool can come as more than a villain than a hero.
"He's a doll, dude!" Qualities
- For all his faults, he is still an integral part of the Junior and friends videos and shares great chemistry with Junior and Cody. The Junior videos and the SML series wouldn't be as great as they are without him.
- Despite being Junior's yes-man most of the time, he's still a good friend to Junior, and he's often willing to help him out with his problems when he needs to.
- He can be likable in several episodes, for example, he is likable in "Bowser Junior's Punishment", "Joseph's House", "Joseph's Mom", "Cody's NFT", "SML Movie:Junior's Crazy Girlfriend!" erc.
- He's got many funny moments here and there, along with some memorable hilarious quotes like "Yeah, dude!", "I'm outta here, dudes!", "He's a doll, dude!", and "I get half!".
- With a few exceptions, he tends to be more interesting when he is the primary focus of a video (ex: "Joseph's House" and "Joseph Moves In").
- He has a dark and surprisingly compelling backstory involving him growing up in an abusive household, supposedly losing both his parents and being left alone with deteriorating state of mind in a rundown trailer park for years.
- In fact, this backstory alone could easily have provided a great framework in order to build a more interesting personality for Joseph based on how this has affected him, but unfortunately, the most it usually amounts to is cheap jokes poking fun at him.
- Lovell Stanton does a good job at voicing him.
- When Joseph was introduced as a five-year-old, his initial voice was good at reflecting his initial kid-like attitude.
- In "Joseph's New Shell!", he gets a new shell, which doesn't look too bad. His human puppet is also one of the better ones as it mostly fits his character.
- Just like Junior, he is right about Ken being a doll.
- Like Junior and Jeffy, he has a Kable10 counterpart who is much more tolerable than him.
- Depending on your POV, him and Junior slightly improved during 2023.
- Joseph was similar to Kenny McCormick from South Park in the older videos as both were poor and they died the most out of the others.
- Joseph's similarity to Kenny ended as of "Joseph the Millionaire" and his red shell arrival due to Kenny still being poor, but he has stopped dying almost every time.
- Joseph has a speech impediment.