Jump to navigation Jump to search
John Geiger is the antagonist of the 1997 film Speed 2: Cruise Control. He was portrayed by actor Willem Dafoe.
Why He Sucks
- He does not come across as intimidating.
- He uses leaches to suck copper out of his body which is a really insensible idea.
- He uses fake bombs and not real ones to blow the ship up.
- He only kills the captain of the ship and no one else on board.
- His motif of hijacking the ship is nonsensical, because he got kicked out of his job for the ocean-liner company and after he got fired, he got sick from getting copper into his body and uses leaches to suck the copper out, which is insensible.
- He also wants to get back at the ocean-liner company to steal the diamonds in the ship's vault.
- He almost acts like Wile E. Coyote near the end of the film, especially when he crashes his seaplane into the antenna of an oil tanker before it explodes killing him in a laughable manner.