Joe La Boot (The Simpsons)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Joe La Boot is a one-time character from The Simpsons, who appeared in "The Boys of Bummer".
Why He Stinks
- He is not one of those "comfort people who had the same problem as our hero" characters. In fact, he is the exact opposite.
- He does not care about Bart's feelings or the fact that he and Bart had the same problem.
- His infamous quote "Bart? Are you Bart Simpson? The kid who dropped that easy fly-ball? You stink like a Dutchman's throw-up! Talking to you was the biggest error of my life!" is the most beyond cruel thing that he said to Bart. You know, talking to him wasn't the biggest error of your life, It's how you treated him that is the biggest error of your life.
- He may have a tragic backstory about being hated by the fans by dropping an easy fly-ball, but due to his horrible insult he said to Bart, he is considered an unsympathetic character.
- Not helping is that he did the exact same thing that Bart did, making him a hypocrite.
- Since he insulted Bart, he is now a filler character.
- Aside from being insulted by Abe Simpson, he doesn't get any comeuppance for driving Bart into attempting suicide, meaning he's a Karma Houdini.
- As mentioned before, he had a tragic backstory about being hated by the fans for dropping an easy fly-ball at the World Series.
- He tried to save Bart from jumping off the water tower, so at least he tried to redeem himself and wasn't willing to let the kid die just because of a petty animosity towards him.
- Abe Simpson's insult to him was great and very well-deserved, but this still doesn't kick him of the Karma Houdini category.
- Like everyone else, his design is passable.
- Hank Azaria does a good job voicing him.