James "Jimmy" Poplopovich, Sr, better known as Jimmy Pesto, is the main antagonist of the American animated TV series Bob's Burgers. He is the owner of Jimmy Pesto's Pizzeria and is Bob's primary business rival. He is the father of Jimmy Pesto, Jr., Tina's primary love interest, and twin boys Andy and Ollie Pesto. He is voiced by Jay Johnston.
Why He Intentionally Won't Go ZOOM
- Jimmy Pesto has also been shown to be not above instigating Bob for the sole purpose of harassing him, as seen in episodes like "Tina-Rannosaurus Wrecks" where he refuses to let Bob pay the cost of the damage done to his car because he's "poor" and tells him to "tell it to his insurance" when in reality he knew full well that Bob could cover the damage and continues to harass Bob about it at the end of the episode. Another good example is "Burgerboss" when Jimmy Pesto decides to spy on Bob from outside, and torment Bob with the old-school arcade game Burgerboss by writing the initials "BOBSUX" on the leader scoreboard to humiliate and torment Bob after scoring 317000 points, which would be equivalent to trolling if this act were done on an online game.
- In the infamous episode "Family Fracas", the titular game show is rigged in his favor and he wins the minivan that the Belchers wanted after their car breaks down. Even worse, he gets off scot-free as the producers of Family Fracas destroyed the evidence that would've disqualified him in the rival show Pam's Court.
- Linda claims that Bob and Jimmy should "both grow up" when in reality the biggest reason for Bob's rivalry with Jimmy starting is because Jimmy won't stick to his own restaurant and business — whenever Bob tries to come up with a strategy to try to get more customers, Jimmy is always quick to spy on Bob and torment him about it just as soon after, as seen in "Easy Com-mercial, Easy Go-mercial" when Jimmy torments Bob for "not having a TV" and that it will only show the football game with players "that have British accents" and steals Bob's commercial and then tries to blame Bob for stealing his commercial.
- He is ill-mannered and does not have great sportsmanship.
- He is basically the Bob's Burgers version of Plankton from SpongeBob SquarePants, just less funny and unlikable.
- Jimmy Pesto has seen less prominence in season 2 as a major character to the plot, apart from "Burger-boss" when Bob tries to beat Jimmy's high score on a video game when he leaves the initials to say "BOBSUX".
- He does get punished for his behavior in the episodes he turns up ("Family Fracas" notwithstanding, as the Belchers teasing Jimmy at the end of the episode is a very unsatisfying payoff).
- He does become a somewhat more likable character in the later seasons.
- In "The Belchies", it is implied he is divorced from his sons mother, stating "I thought you guys were with your mother!", to the twins.
- In the episode "Bad Tina" one of the twins reaches into his back pack and says. "Cool! Mom packed me tampons for lunch!", but her name or appearance have yet to be heard or seen, respectively.
- Andy and Ollie have mentioned having an aunt but it is unclear whether it's his sister or their mother's.
- Jay Johnston, Jimmy Pesto's voice actor, was fired from the show after it was revealed that