Jimmy (Ed, Edd n Eddy, seasons 2-6)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jimmy is one of the cul-de-sac kids from Ed, Edd n Eddy. He is an insecure child with a propensity to cry. Sadly, he was flanderized from seasons 2-6.
- He started out as a nice cute child but eventually became a vengeful crybaby tattletale.
- He was way too accident-prone to be relatable. A good example is in "Cry Ed": he thinks that he was injured when a clothespin gently tapped his foot.
- He didn't face any consequences for some of his bad actions. Instead, he got rewarded by Sarah for telling lies about the Eds.
- He was extremely unlikable in certain episodes such as "If It Smells Like An Ed," "Ed In A Halfshell," and "Tinker Ed" because of how he got revenge on the Eds or tattled on them to Sarah so he could happily watch her have them beat-up again for his own amusement.
- He would collectively punish all 3 of the Eds. Even if one or two of them did something wrong to him, he would still punish all 3 of them anyway.
- One example is that he punished the Eds in a dumpster jail at the end of "Look Before You Ed" for ruining the safety club. It would have been justified if he had only trapped Ed and Eddy since Edd did nothing wrong throughout the episode.
- His higher-pitched voice can get pretty annoying and grating quickly.
- He was a much more tolerable character in Season 1 and the finale movie. He also had his share of nice moments with the Eds, even after flanderization.
- His dislike for the Eds was pretty understandable since they would try to scam him for his money and hurt his feelings.
- Also, in "Every Which Way But Ed," it was revealed that thanks to the Eds (well Eddy mostly) through their ominous scam, Jimmy got his signature retainers when he bit on a bowling pin when he thought it was a cream horn, severely damaging his teeth.
- Admittedly, his revenge plan in "If It Smells Like An Ed" was pretty clever. Heck, not even Sarah was smart enough to think of a plan like that.
- He did get punished at times, making him less of a Karma-Houdini than Kevin and Sarah. Thus he was generally not as loathsome compared to Kevin (at his worst) and especially his friend Sarah.
- Some of the kids such as Eddy and even Kevin were mean towards Jimmy, so it balances out.