Jason Todd (DC Comics)
Jason Todd, later known as Red Hood, is a major character in DC Comics, primarily appearing in the Batman series. He was the second person to take up the mantle of Robin, and served as Batman's sidekick until he was killed by the Joker. After being revived, he took up the Red Hood alias and began killing them to stop them for good, before later redeeming himself and becoming an ally of Batman again.
- He's supposed to be one of the heroes, but he's not very heroic on the job.
- He tried to kill some of his own family members.
- He's an overall poorly-written, but an unpopular character when he was the second person to take the mantle of Robin when Dick Grayson gived up and took a new name, Nightwing.
- The backlash from fans led to DC to do a phone call poll campaign of whether Jason will die or not.
- Anytime he communicates with the Bat-family, he acts out of character.
- He's completely Ax-Crazy, and refuses to own up to his mistakes, or when he kills any innocent civilians and shows no remorse for it.
- The reason he became this way is because the mother saw how he was being tortured, but sold him out to the Joker.
- He is much more likeable as Red hood than Robin.
- The writers acknowledged the negative reception fans had about Jason Todd's Robin and allowed readers to vote if he should be killed or not. The readers decided and Jason was killed, which he would later be resurrected as Red Hood.
- Being more "brutal" compared to other members of the Bat-Family is good.