Jar Jar Binks
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jar Jar Binks is a minor yet reccuring character from the Star Wars franchise and its prequel trilogy. He is also a member of the Gungan species. Since his first appearance in the first prequel film, He received infamy for fans.
- He is extremely annoying and his antics get old very quickly.
- He has no reason to exist because George Lucas wanted to use Jar Jar as an appeal to children.
- He doesn't contribute much to the story. All he does is lead Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to the Gungan city, where they get hold of a means of reaching Padme. Nothing else Jar Jar does after that point ends up being important, other than him making an off-hand comment in front of Padme about the Gungans having a big army, giving her an idea how to retake Naboo.
- He barely helps the heroes. In fact, he is so unhelpful that he actually gives then-Chancellor Palpatine, the villain, even more power than he already had.
- According to George Lucas, he stated this was because he wanted to give the people that already hated Jar Jar one final thing to hate him for.
- Just when you think he might actually turn himself around by leading a Gungan unit into battle against the Trade Federation, he completely fails at that as well, and only avoids being killed along with his unit because Anakin destroys the droid control ship just in the nick of time.
- He is so awful that he became the most hated character of the entire franchise until that point, and is one of the most hated characters of all time, along with Sugo Nobuyuki/ Oberon the Fairy King from Sword Art Online.
- However, Admiral Holdo arguably having surpassed him in the decades since, as the most hated character in the Star Wars franchise.
- At the same time, his position as the most hated character in film history was taken from him in 2007 by the character of Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter franchise and in 2016 by Lex Luthor from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- He exists so that kids would be appealed to him.
- His fish-like design is ugly, even for Star Wars standards.
- for some reason he become the rappresentative of his race and part of the Galactic Council
- He still means well.
- Although his design is ugly, it still has a lot effort to it.
- He has a few funny moments. Like his head going numb from getting it caught in an electrical beam.
- At least he is actually useful in The Clone Wars cartoon, since he helped save Anakin and Obi-Wan from pirates and save Padme from Nute Gunray.
- thankfully he becomes less important in the movies over time, so much that in "the Revenge of the Sith" he only makes a cameo
- Jar Jar has received so much hate that the actor who portrayed him has been considering suicide.
- He was supposed to be the Main Villain of the Prequel Trilogy, but those plans were scrapped because of the character's backlash.
- This has still become an in-joke in the Star Wars fandom, with fans calling him “Darth Jar Jar”.