Jacob P. "Jake" Spidermonkey is the titular deuteragonist of My Gym Partner's a Monkey. Next to his best friend and straight man, Adam Lyon. he is a stupid, disgusting, destructive, and often times "hilarious" spider monkey, who goes to Charles Darwin Middle School.
He is voiced by Tom Kenny.
Why He Sucks
- Even though he's supposed to Adam Lyon's best friend, he doesn't even treat him like a good friend. In fact, he more often than not frequently tortures him instead of doing anything a good friend would. In other words, you could say he treats Adam like a "butt-monkey".(Pun was intended.)
- He has a poor sense of humour, constantly cracking a lot of horrendously unfunny jokes, especially butt-jokes. The worse offender was in the infamous episode, "The Butt Of The Jake".
- His voice is just about as grating as Spongebob Squarepant's Season 6-8 form.
- His relationship with many characters (except Adam Lyon & Lupe Toucan) just kinda suck.
- He might be friends with Windsor Gorilla, but is often dumbfounded by his intelligent dialogue.
- Although he is friends with Slips Python, he acts as bad influence on Slips, as it was revealed that Slips' stupid behavior and air headed character is actually fueled by Jake's peer pressuring.
- Ingrid Giraffe is frequently annoyed with Jake's annoying behavior and constant jokes about his butt.
- He is constantly emotional and goofy who takes to heart some of Adam's comments and actions, leading to some overly dramatic and exaggerated reactions. It'll get on your last nerves fast.
- He constantly overuses stock monkey sound effects in the show, which is really annoying and repetitive.
- He tends to be a hypocrite a lot of times, especially in Shark Attack.
- He is just like Bloo from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends.
- His design is overall somewhat okay.
- There are a few good times where he is nice to Adam Lyon, showing that the doesn't torture Adam all the time.