Iona Hikawa (Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!)
Hikawa Iona (氷川いおな Hikawa Iona) is one of the four main Cures in the series Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!. Her alter ego is Cure Fortune (キュアフォーチュン Kyua Fochun?) and her form changes are Pine Arabian (パインアラビア Pain Arabia) and Anmitsu Komachi (あんみつこまち Anmitsu Komachi).
- In spite of losing her older sister Maria/Cure Tender to Precure Hunter/Phantom, it's quite hard to actually feel sorry for her due to her smug, selfish, cold, dismissive attitude.
- She has a tendency to blame others for things that either aren't their fault or had little control of.
- She spends most of the series fighting monsters alone and refusing to join the Happiness Charge Pretty Cure, simply because Hime is with them.
- And speaking of Hime, she spends most of her interactions with her straight up bullying her for opening Axia, releasing the Phantom Empire, resulting in Maria's capture and the invasion of Blue Sky Kingdom. All while completely ignoring Hime's attempts to explain her motives for opening the box (she heard a saddened voice coming from it and was curious to see what was inside) and her desperate attempts to restore her Kingdom and save her people, all the while driving her to tears more than once, and ratting her out in front of Megumi and Yuko in hopes of turning them against her! The worst part? Due to her trying to follow her into battle, Maria's capture was actually (albeit unintentionally) her own fault!
- Hypocrisy:The Soccer episode has her berate Hime and the other cures for the lack of teamwork, while refusing to help the cures restore the Blue Sky Kingdom and fighting alone herself.
- Episode 13 has her admit that she's stronger when fighting with Megumi/Cure Lovely, only for her to go back to her aloof and detached behavior by the end.
- She actually says that she wants the Cures to watch her back so she can focus on getting stronger, which suggests she's less interested in helping the others and more interested in them helping her.
- She never gets punished or even called out for her treatment of Hime.
- Her grudge against Hime is somewhat understandable, until you realize she continuously refuses to listen to Hime's side of the story, help the other cures, and straight-up tortures Hime with her mistake at any opportunity she has, which is all completely unjustified and unsympathetic.
- After actually listening to Hime on her reasons for opening Axia, she's overcome with remorse for the way she treated her and even forgives and befriends her in ep 22.
- Even before learning the truth about Hime opening Axia, she was still civil and kind towards other civilians.
- Her Pine Arabian and Anmitsu Komachi transformations are pretty cool.
- She happens to be the World's strongest Pretty Cure (at least in the Happiness Charge Universe).
- As With Most Precure's She Has A Cute Design
- Iona usually says "Transformation complete!" every time she uses a PreCard.
- Iona, along with the other Happiness Charge Cures, appeared as Cure Fortune to give a special 10th Anniversary Congratulatory Message commemorating the 500th episode of the Pretty Cure franchise.
- While one of Fortune's form changes is based on Japanese dance, the other, Pine Arabian, mirrors the distorted take on the Middle Eastern folk dance "Belly dance" by modern non-Middle Eastern people.
- The outfit Iona wears in the movie is the same she is seen wearing briefly in the opening.