Hilda the Librarian
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: where's the infobox
Hilda the Librarian is a character who appears in The Tom and Jerry Comedy Show's infamous episode Heavy Booking. She is voiced by Erika Scheimer.
Why She Deserves a Heavy Booking
- She is extremely unlikable in the episode she appears in, because she not only outright blames and rages at Tom for even the slightest noise, but also cares more about sleeping at a job for beauty, but completely forgets about the baby she must take care of, hence making her very neglectful of the baby just like 'Jeannie' from Tot Watchers, but even worse.
- Hypocrisy: She tolerates the baby's cries, but she gets angry at Tom when he makes the slightest noise. If you don't believe us, then look at this.
- Speaking of which, she constantly tells Tom to be quiet, yet she's the one that's being too loud as she constantly yells at him.
- Also, when Tom briefly swallows the drum which Jerry used to disturb the peace, she outright calls Tom's plump appearance "lard belly", despite being this herself.
- She's basically Tom's original owner Mammy Two-Shoes done 100% wrong and comes off more like the female version of the Gene Deitch-era's infamous Fat Owner. Thus, she's pretty much a bad rip-off of Mammy-Two-Shoes from the original Tom and Jerry cartoons from the 1940s and early-1950s but with none of the charm and likability that Mammy had.
- Her voice is loud and annoying. She is also cranky, irritable, obnoxious, and short-tempered, as she shakes the floor with her jumping as she screams.
- On that topic, her noise intolerance is supposed to be viewed as funny and comical due to its contradictory nature in a similar vein to Joe Bear from Tex Avery's "Rock-a Bye Bear". But unfortunately, unlike Joe Bear she doesn't really have anything we should like about her nor find her noise intolerance humorous and instead comes off as incredibly annoying.
- Her dialogue is incredibly cringey and laughably bad.
- While she does not physically harm Tom, she even goes as far as to kick Tom to Mars after Jerry drops a pin on the floor. She should've tormented Jerry by kicking him to Mars for dropping a pin to the floor, not Tom.
- Speaking of noise, a pin dropping to the floor only measures 10 decibels (dB), which is 10 times less than a soft whisper, which measures 20 decibels.
- The very fact that she is able to send Tom to Mars using her brute strength alone by the ending makes absolute zero sense even by Tom and Jerry standards since no human being is that strong enough to throw an animal this far, even by the standards of cartoony slapstick.
- Her character design is terrible, as she looks like a generic, badly drawn, and whitewashed copy of Mammy Two-Shoes' character design.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- At least she doesn't physically harm Tom unlike Tom's Owner.