Greg Heffley (Awesome Friendly Series)
Gregory "Greg" Heffley is the main protagonist of the Wimpy Kid series and is the main antagonist of Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid series.
Why He Sucked
NOTE: This is only focusing on how he was butchered in Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid, and he is supposed to be unlikable in this series.
- In this series, he is portrayed as a selfish, manipulative, and self-centered jerk.
- Now, while being a manipulative jerk were some of his traits, they weren't shown as often. In these books, that's Greg's only trait in this series. Granted, this book is viewed in the perspective of Rowley and this could just be how he really sees Greg, but his misdemeanors seem a little exaggerated.
- In the Awesome Friendly books, Greg is usually shown to manipulate Rowley for his own personal gain.
- He made Rowley turn his diary into his biography. In fact, pretty much the entire book is supposed to be about Greg.
- Greg lied to Rowley by saying that he put a flag on Rowley's area and says he claims it. He also took Rowley's bike.
- When Rowley tripped on a rock and sprained his ankle Greg didn't help carry him home, showing how unhelpful Greg is.
- Greg pulled a prank on Rowley that made him nearly call the cops.
- He lied to Rowley when he said that he had to clean the garage and that Rowley could get free candy.
- He also told Rowley all his Good Boy awards were fake even though Rowley did Greg's chores to get them.
- In the same chapter, Rowley did some more hard work for Greg and what does he get? He gets a laundry basket filled with dirty clothes. As a bonus, Greg also made Rowley lose all his points for some stupid excuse.
- During the study partner chapter, Greg was near his worst. First of all, he was acting very bad and didn't even study at all and bugged Rowley. This also caused the librarian to be mad at the two.
- He copied Rowley's test and almost got away from it.
- When Rowley saved him from Tevin Larkin's birthday party, Greg said he owed him for it. When he got Rowley a better grade in Science, though, he said they weren't even, and that Rowley owed him a lot more now.
- He lied to Rowley many times.
- Greg was at his worst in the sleepover chapter. First of all, he almost let Rowley freeze outside. Then he called his own best friend dumb and stoop showing how to mean Greg is. He also took Rowley's cookies. Then he made Rowley not being able to use the bathroom when he needs to.
- Rowley's journal has equal amounts of him and Greg yet Greg says that it was just about Rowley.
- In Awesome Friendly Adventure, he's about as bad as he was in the previous book. First of all, Greg just wanted to get some money and fame off of Rowley's book. He also shot down all of Rowley's ideas for his story and Greg literally said that Rowley could focus on the writing yet Greg still told Rowley what to do on the writing.
- He also believed that Garg the Barbarian, the equivalent of Greg in the book, would be the most popular character.
- He got what he deserved when he tried to cheat on the test and got in trouble during the sleepover chapter.
- He did help Rowley get a better grade on the test and actually acted like his normal self during that chapter.
- This could be what he does normally, but it’s not in his perspective so he’s not very sympathetic.
- He was a much better character in his own series.
- He was also less manipulative and not always a jerk.