Greg Heffley (Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Greg Heffley is the brother of Manny and Rodrick. Greg is also the main character in Diary of a Wimpy Kid and is also the main character in Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid. He is also best friends with Rowley Jefferson.
Why He Sucks Now
- He was sadly flanderized, going from a kid who had a hard time fitting in and called people morons, while he still had a soft side to a manipulative self-centered jerk.
- Now while being manipulative and a jerk were some of his traits they weren't shown as often. In these books that's Greg's only trait now
- In the Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid books, Greg is usually shown to manipulate Rowley for his own personal gains.
- He hit Rowley with his own journal and made Rowley turn it into his biography.
- Greg lied to Rowley by saying that he put a flag on Rowley's area and says he claims it. He also took Rowley's bike.
- When Rowley tripped on a rock and sprained his ankle Greg didn't help carry him home.
- Greg pulled a prank on Rowley that made him nearly call the cops.
- He lied to Rowley when he said that he had to clean the garage and that Rowley could get free candy.
- He also told Rowley all his Good Boy awards were fake even though Rowley did Greg's chores to get them.
- In the same chapter Rowley did some more hard work for Greg and what does he get??? He gets a laundry basket filled with dirty clothes. As a bonus Greg also made Rowley lose all his points for some stupid excuse.
- During the study partner chapter Greg was near his worst. First of all, he was acting very bad and didn't even study at all and bugged Rowley. This also caused the librarian to be mad at the two.
- He copied Rowley's test and almost got away from it.
- Greg said that when Rowley saved him from Tevin Larkin it wasn't enough to owe him for a small test.
- He lied to Rowley many times.
- Greg was at his worst in the sleepover chapter. First of all, he almost let Rowley freeze outside. Then he called his own best friend dumb and stoop showing how to mean Greg is. He also took Rowley's cookies. Then he made Rowley not being able to use his own toilet when he needs to even go to the bathroom.
- Rowley's journal has equal amounts of him and Greg yet Greg says that it was just about Rowley.
- In Awesome Friendly Adventure he's just as bad as he was in Awesome Friendly Kid. First of all, Greg just wanted to get some money and fame off of Rowley's book. He also shot down all of Rowley's ideas for his story and Greg literally said that Rowley could focus on the writing yet Greg still told Rowley what to do on the writing.
- His designs are really awful and it's supposed to be the original design from Diary Of A Wimpy Kid. However, this is excusable, as Rowley draws very badly compared to Greg.
The Only Redeeming Qualities
- He got what he deserved when he cheated on the test and got in trouble during the sleepover chapter.
- He did help Rowley get a better grade on the test and actually acted like his normal self during that chapter.
- This could be what he does normally, but it’s not in his perspective so he’s not very sympathetic.
- He was a much better character in his own series.
- He was also less manipulative and not always a jerk.