Gordon the Big Engine (Thomas & Friends, seasons 8-13)
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Loathsome Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Unfinished
Gordon is a big blue express engine that works on the Main Line. He is Flying Scotsman's only surviving brother. Gordon is also one of the fastest and strongest engines on the Island of Sodor and his main task is to pull the Wild Nor' Wester, the railway's express train. At times, this leads him to feel superior. Unfortunately, he became badly flanderized in Season 8 (the first HiT Model season).
- He was flanderized as went from being an arrogant but kind, wise, and good father figure to Thomas into an immature, arrogant and unlikable character and he has lost all of the original personality and charm he had in the prior seven seasons and hardly saw the light of redemption until season 14
- While he is often a mean popular engine in seasons 1-7 and to a lesser extent, seasons 14-24, he never meant any harm or disrespect to his current and new colleagues and cared about them deep down. But in these seasons, he acts very rude to other engines and makes fun, and always decides what to think of new ones.
- Gordon has also become a killjoy in some episodes.
- In Season 11's "Emily and the Garbage", He along with Henry and James make fun of Emily for helping Whiff. Sure, Whiff does smell like garbage considering that he is an engine that works in the garbage industry, but that does not excuse their actions.
- He demands everything to go his way, which not only comes off as disrespectful but very immature as well.
- In Season 9's, "Respect for Gordon", he demands respect from everyone for no reason with a toot and always wants to be the best but it makes him come off as unlikable, childish, and immature.
- In Season 10's infamous, "Edward Strikes Out", Gordon calls the new crane, Rocky, a "new-fangled nonsense" thinking he is useless and would be that way until he crashed into pipes.
- For some reason, he has some sort of hatred for Diesels.
- In the Season 16 episode, "Bust My, Buffers", he thinks that Diesels cannot fix anything at all and thinks they're screw-ups. This comes off as disgraceful to his character considering that although Diesels and Steamies hate each other, some may be friends with others but similar to what Thomas said about Diesels, it makes him come off as racist and hypocritical.
- He has shown himself to be a showoff. In the episode, Gordon Takes Charge, he takes advantage of Percy being bad at pulling coaches so then he could show off to other engines. Thankfully, he got his comeuppance when he failed to notice the icy tracks and crashed into snowdrift.
- He was a lot better in Seasons 1-7 and redeemed himself in Season 14 and has been that way until the reboot.
- Keith Wickham (UK) and Kerry Shale (US), do a great job voicing him.
- He does occasionally get his comeuppance for his actions.
- "Express Coming Through!" and "O' the Indignity!" are still unforgettable lines.
- He does still care about the other engines. (I.E. When he gave up breaking a new record so he could help out a sick Henry in "It's Good To Be Gordon")